file Submission: Direct challenge (Potence bruise&bleed action card)

28 Mar 2016 11:36 - 28 Mar 2016 11:46 #76084 by Hyllan
Name: Direct challenge
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Capacity: Not applicable
Discipline: Potence
Clan: Not applicable
:pot: (D) Bleed with +1 bleed at -2 stealth. Cards that would reduce or redirect this bleed cost an additional blood.
:POT: As above, but with +2 bleed
Flavor text: She smashed through the wall, looking for trouble.
Art notes: Two vampires (one male, one non-busty, fully clothed female) sit in a room, looking surprised at an arm/fist smashing through a wall in front of them (the rest of the attacking vampire is not seen).

World of Darkness reference: No specific, but it feels like a typical WoD-situation.

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
The card is designed to help bruise bleed decks, and clans like the Osebo and Nosferatu which currently lack in ousting power. Bruise bleed decks easily get clogged with combat cards when bleeds are redirected. Increasing the cost of redirection is a way of migitating that. The -2 stealth are there to not enable stealth bleed decks. The 1 blood cost is to make it slightly less useful for weenie potence decks.
Created by: Kari Hyll
Last edit: 28 Mar 2016 11:46 by Hyllan. Reason: Updated blood cost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2016 17:53 #76088 by Ashur
I am not sure it is good to promote mono-discipline bruise-decks.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
29 Mar 2016 05:41 #76096 by Ke.

More
29 Mar 2016 08:45 #76099 by Hyllan
Ashur: I agree that Beast&friends are not in need of the boost but a lot of potence clans in general are.

Ke: That's not a bad idea. It would restrict it away from the Guruhi and the Nos/!Nos, but maybe that would be ok. If it was dual discipline, the blood cost could be removed I think.

Another option is keeping it mono potence but making it Laibon only, and thus aiming it at Osebo and Guruhi.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds