file Submission: Stalker's Vigil

25 Mar 2018 14:34 - 27 Mar 2018 19:47 #86043 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Stalker's Vigil

Vetted text:
Name: Stalker's Vigil
Cardtype: :reaction:
Clan: :nosf:
Only usable during a (D) action against you (or a card you control), after blocks are declined. Only one Stalker's Vigil can played each action.
Lock this reacting vampire to enter combat with the acting minion. If the acting minion is still ready at the end of that combat, this reacting vampire does not unlock as normal during your next unlock phase, and the action continues as if unblocked after the combat(s). The acting minion can burn 1 blood for each point of stealth they have to cancel this card as it is played.

I am bothered by this continue effect wording. Does this suggest that the vampire playing this card "blocks" the acting vampire? That has an effect for things like Dream World at PRE. I think we want a different wording: "and the action resolves normally after the combat(s)."

Kinda true. Is there a reason to not use Yawp Court's wording, or something similar? Ankha, you're the wording wizard.

Name: Yawp Court
[Third:R]
Cardtype: Master
Master: unique location. Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
When a political action is successful, before the referendum, lock this card and a ready unlocked Sabbat vampire you control to have that vampire enter combat with the acting vampire. If the acting vampire is still ready at the end of combat, the Sabbat vampire takes 2 damage, and the referendum is conducted as normal.
Artist: Glenn Osterberger

:OBF: :ani: could work. I should double check all the non-nos vampires that could use it. It would kind of be cool to have it only in clan, but you raise a valid point with Koko and the such. I wouldn't want to stack more wordy restrictions, but disciplines might do the trick.

To be honest I'm pretty fond of this design, even if I do say so myself. It adds up very nicely with 2nd trad, Under siege and the silly amounts of unlock effects available to animalism (which is basically it's primary function as for reactions, intercept coming as a great secondary effect).

Krausedt\\ An attempt at discipline version. It does get wordy.

Name: Stalker's Vigil
Cardtype: :combat: :reaction:
Only usable during a (D) action against you (or a card you control).
:obf: :ani: :combat: Manouver or Press.
:OBF: :ani: :reaction: Play after blocks are declined. Only one Stalker's Vigil can be played at superior each action.
Lock this reacting vampire to enter combat with the acting minion. If the acting minion is still ready at the end of that combat, this reacting vampire does not unlock as normal during your next unlock phase, and the action continues as normal after the combat(s). The acting minion can burn 1 blood for each point of stealth they have to cancel this card as it is played.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 27 Mar 2018 19:47 by Kraus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2018 14:47 - 26 Mar 2018 14:50 #86044 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Stalker's Vigil
G1
Sylvester Simms

G2
Korah
Samantha
Spider Killer

G3
Allonzo Montoya
Maris Streck
Rachel Brandywine
Torvus Bloodbeard

G4
Amaravati
Cybele
Cyscek
Durga Syn
Enkidu
Hukros
Kamiri wa Itherero
Lady Zara Slatikov
Louhi
Lucian the Perfect
Mitru the Hunter
Olugbenga
Philipe Rigaud
Tangine
Tatu Sawosa

G5
Nizzam al-Latif

G6
Xeper, Sultan of Lepers

What I can see here, is that G4 boasts a !Gangrel crypt and an Assamite crypt that could use this on OBF ani. That's more than fine to be honest

If Louhi and Kamiri and some other singleton interesting vampires get a boost, by all means. Laibon already have a similar card, so I'm not worried about that.

What strike me as very problematic, are Enkidu and Cybele. Cybele is not always a combat monster, but she can be. Enkidu is just wrong.

Based on this it COULD work as OBF ani, but then again might restrict future designs somewhat. It would be safer to keep it at Nosferatu and !Nosferatu, but it's true that opening up the possibility of using this for other clans as well might make it more interesting.

OH, and Rachel Brandywine... The good thing here is that rarely the decks with these vampires are super combat heavy. And I wouldn't mind giving OBF Tzimisce some new tools. They're pretty cool to be honest.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 26 Mar 2018 14:50 by Kraus.

More
26 Mar 2018 12:43 #86051 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Submission: Stalker's Vigil
Your list is missing a few entries:
g1
Sylvester Simms
g2
Korah
Samantha
g3
Maris Streck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds