file Submission: Darla, The Researcher

05 Jul 2017 13:28 - 05 Jul 2017 13:29 #82479 by TwoRazorReign

Am I the only one worried about seeing a Soul Gem of Etrius combo in second turn?
Perhaps just adding a restriction (only aus, tha or dom skills?)

What is the turn 2 combo? Darla comes into play and gets for, dom, and plus 2 capacity; on turn 2, Magic of the Smith for the Soul Gem, Force of Will + Daring the Dawn + Conditioning? Then the new Darla gets the soul gem, for, dom, and plus 2 capacity, plays Revelations, then Force of Will + Daring the Dawn + Conditioning, ad infinitum?

That's a combo that is just reasonable enough to try but shitty enough to not worry about, unless you've got a better idea.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2017 13:29 by TwoRazorReign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2017 13:29 - 05 Jul 2017 13:58 #82480 by jblacey
How about this?

Name: Darla, The Researcher
Capacity: 4
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: :trem:
Discipline: :aus: :tha:
Group: 3
Camarilla. When Darla enters play, you may lock her to search your library (shuffle afterwards) for up to two Master: Discipline cards and put them on ready vampires.

I am very tempted to say "other ready vampires", but only having :aus: :tha: means that she may need the option to put a Discipline card on herself.

Here is another option but I am concerned it may be too weak:

Group: 3
Camarilla. Darla may search your library or ash heap for a master: Discipline card and place it on a ready vampire as a +1 stealth action.

The idea is that she would be the fetch queen. Never really does anything herself but she makes everyone else better. She is the one that pays the bills and keeps the lights on.

This version is much slower since she is effectively negative two actions.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2017 13:58 by jblacey.

More
05 Jul 2017 15:58 #82482 by nisu_advanced

Am I the only one worried about seeing a Soul Gem of Etrius combo in second turn?
Perhaps just adding a restriction (only aus, tha or dom skills?)

What is the turn 2 combo? Darla comes into play and gets for, dom, and plus 2 capacity; on turn 2, Magic of the Smith for the Soul Gem, Force of Will + Daring the Dawn + Conditioning? Then the new Darla gets the soul gem, for, dom, and plus 2 capacity, plays Revelations, then Force of Will + Daring the Dawn + Conditioning, ad infinitum?

That's a combo that is just reasonable enough to try but shitty enough to not worry about, unless you've got a better idea.

remove the magic and the revelations, and only putt a few conditionings (only needed for the first bleed:

Quick thought:

get gem, force of will, conditioning, daring
new Darla goes anarch, force of will, daring, ad infinitum.

Other turbo decks based on the Gem needs 4-5 cards for each bleed, but with this vampire, once it has started, the loop only needs two cards, and is begining in turn 2, so probably some or all other methuselas won't have any vampire to react.

I imagine that the restriction is that you must include some skills as far as you can only search for them in your deck, but, really, try to simulate that, you can easily bleed for 15-20 in your first try.

So, it's really worth taking the risk?

Adding, for example, the same text than Seterpenre (Discipline cards do not affect his capacity) this would be totally avoid.

PD: please excuse my english,It's not used as often as it should be
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoRazorReign

More
05 Jul 2017 19:31 - 05 Jul 2017 20:54 #82484 by jblacey
After some thought this seems a like reasonable option:

Group: 5
Camarilla. You may lock Darla to search your library (shuffle afterwards) for a Master: Discipline card and put it on a ready vampire as a discard phase action.

Reasons:

1) No chance for Soul Gem shenanigans since everything takes phase in the discard phase.
2) The discard phase action is the cost, but it is not an action that can be blocked.
3) It only gets 1 discipline not 2 initially.
4) Since discard phase occurs after the influence phase, she can still use it on her first turn.
5) Discard phase actions are under utilized currently.
6) There is combo potential with other cards like Metro Underground, Powerbase: Los Angeles, William Thorbecke, Unmada, etc.
7) Moved her to Group 5, because Group 3 has multiple aus tha vamps, but group 5 only has one 4 capacity vampire and the rest are 5 capacity or above.

Better?
Last edit: 05 Jul 2017 20:54 by jblacey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
06 Jul 2017 21:01 #82492 by Hakuron
I actually would like to playtest this version. :)
Even great Lord Tremere cannot be used to exploit her now.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
07 Jul 2017 06:59 #82496 by nisu_advanced
I like it as it is now, perhaps, do you think it could be positive adding the possibility to search from ash heap?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds