file Submission: Samiel

12 Aug 2017 17:11 #83091 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Samiel
I may have found a solution.

Samiel
10 Cap Vampire group 3 !salu!
:AUS: :DOM: :FOR: :VAL:
Sabbat. In combat Samiel's damage at close range is aggravated. He may enter combat with any minion as a (D) action. +1 strength

Clarification: This removes unpreventable. Unpreventable was replaced with +1 strength. Unpreventable and +1 strength are both 1.5 points.

Reasons:
1) Dodge, Strike: Combat Ends, and Maneuvers are all meant to be natural foils to his text. Samiel should be playing Thoughts Betrayed or Telepathic Tracking, so unpreventable damage on that top of that was too much. This means that prevent is now another way to defeat his combat mechanic.
2) +1 Strength means that he is more effective against Allies that block him.
3) The treat aggravated as normal was very potent. It basically meant that Undead Persistence beat all other Combat decks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScoundrelAtHeart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2017 14:19 #83172 by Rowdy
Replied by Rowdy on topic Submission: Samiel
I would still give him Minor Obeah. He is Saulot's direct progeny & that way he could also team with the set 2 Salubri.
Also would've loved to see Celerity or Potence on him as well, being he is The warrior Salubri, but I understand why with point system & he can always equip with the Drums of Xipe Totec for more combat prowess or the Hand of Conrad.

Most of my decks are thematic. Clan specific, Sect specific, or based on WW stories.
The three set 2 Salubri work well with just themselves but having a big Vampire to help them would also be nice.
Samiel would also work well with Dela Eden (set 3 Salubri-Anti who has minor Dom & minor Cel)

I've read the comments on Obeah. But for theme... He would have it, as well as to make the original three Salubri to have a friend to play with.
Just my two cents.

~ Rowdy

More
21 Aug 2017 19:41 #83174 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Replied by ScoundrelAtHeart on topic Submission: Samiel
I almost forgot the possibility of potence and celerity. In the lore saulot sent samiel to the brujah die training combat, taktics and philosophy. Would make sense lorewise.

Regarding obeah. It would fit because of the lore but he was in torpor for long time and in the RPGs some vampires suffer from amnesia after torpor. Maybe he simply forgot some of his disciplines. Also samiel had his problems with obeah.

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
21 Aug 2017 19:56 #83175 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Submission: Samiel
I wouldn't put it past it to give him small obeah. It would be great. And to be honest, obeah socks so hard at small level you wouldn't really have to pay any "points" for it in the design. Just slap it on him for theme and be happy with it?

It's no biggie to be honest. To me it'd seem odd not having it.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
22 Aug 2017 15:15 - 22 Aug 2017 15:15 #83179 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Replied by ScoundrelAtHeart on topic Submission: Samiel

I wouldn't put it past it to give him small obeah. It would be great. And to be honest, obeah socks so hard at small level you wouldn't really have to pay any "points" for it in the design. Just slap it on him for theme and be happy with it?

It's no biggie to be honest. To me it'd seem odd not having it.

Samiel is good enough as he is but small obeah to fit the lore would be nice.

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615
Last edit: 22 Aug 2017 15:15 by ScoundrelAtHeart.

More
22 Aug 2017 17:24 #83182 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Samiel
I have no problems giving him :obe:; this technically makes him 0.5 points under-costed but since it is completely for thematic reasons and doesn't change his power level... it seems reasonable to give it to him effectively for free.

Samiel
10 Cap Vampire group 3 !salu!
:AUS: :DOM: :FOR: :VAL: :obe:
Sabbat. In combat Samiel's damage at close range is aggravated. He may enter combat with any minion as a (D) action. +1 strength

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds