file Submission: Return the Favor (anti-bounce rush)

06 Jul 2018 21:54 #88603 by 1uck
I mocked up this card idea as both a clan specific and a discipline specific card. I think it adds to the bruise and bleed archetype, but would otherwise be a somewhat niche pick. The idea is a crude form of payback against those who would foil your plans.

Name: Return the Favor
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: n/a
Capacity: n/a
Discipline: n/a
Clan: :bruj:
Text:
Only usable after a successful bleed action.
This vampire enters combat with a minion who played a reaction card which changed the target of the bleed action.

Name: Return the Favor
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 :blood:
Capacity: n/a
Discipline: :pot:
Clan: n/a
Text:
Only usable after a successful bleed action.
:pot: This vampire enters combat with a minion who played a reaction card which changed the target of the bleed action.
:POT: As above, and this vampire's initial strike in the resulting combat cannot be dodged.

Art Notes: Someone being sucker punched by a rough looking individual.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2018 06:21 #88614 by beslin igor
Very interesting idea :)

More
07 Jul 2018 07:43 #88615 by Boris The Blade
I like the concept, but the timing is awkward: triggers should be based on the current game state rather than ask players to remember what happened before. How about using the Yawp Court template? Play the card when the bleed is bounced, enter combat, cancel the bounce if the bouncing minion gets gets knocked out.

More
10 Jul 2018 16:30 #88716 by ReverendRevolver

I like the concept, but the timing is awkward: triggers should be based on the current game state rather than ask players to remember what happened before. How about using the Yawp Court template? Play the card when the bleed is bounced, enter combat, cancel the bounce if the bouncing minion gets gets knocked out.

This sort of timing.

Even if it's like a red herring thing,

"Only usable when a minion play a card that changes the target of your bleed. The action ends (unsuccessfully). This minion immediately enters combat with the minion who changed the target of the bleed.
As above, and if the opposing minion leaves the ready region during the resulting combat(s) this acting vampire may burn a blood to untap."

Idea is great, but I like the idea of an angry Brujah realizing the dupe and just beating the hell out of the person responsible. Bleed doesn't need to continue, you get a worthwhile result anyway.

More
10 Jul 2018 16:53 #88717 by agzocgud
I like it in potence. In that case, keep the basic and superior could be something else, like + 1 bleed. In that case, you have choose between the effects. And make it free, I hate potence cards that costs 1 too much. (sacrament of carnage, burning wrath, decapitate, earthshock, touch of pain and street cred comes to mind) Not saying that they all should cost one less, just that potence cards are often overcosted.

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

More
10 Jul 2018 17:34 #88718 by 1uck
The initial idea was more payback against harming your cross table/prey's prey, rather than simply punishing the playing of a bounce card. Since the bounce target could choose to block, or reduce the bleed, it could lead to cross table strategizing. "I know this is a bleed for 3, but don't block me. I'll mess him up (your pred's vamp) and take some pressure off of you."

Though, I'll concede that the timing as written may not be the best, and something like Yawp Court or Red Herring might be easier. There are cards though that have you look back and keep track of who played what and when, like Trap, Retribution, On the Qui Vive, and several other cards that check if something happened since your last turn. I think looking back within the same action isn't too demanding.

I agree the advanced effect could be changed. I'm not so sure about adding +bleed to a potence card though.

While I think it fits as a Brujah card, I really like the idea of having it as a general potence card so it opens it up to !Brujah, Lasombra, Blood Brothers, etc. too.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds