file Democritus (ADV)

05 Oct 2018 19:07 #90994 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Democritus (ADV)
I like the OP best. Make his base special extra meaningful. Justicar curse is good as a joke, but bad card design.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2018 11:38 - 06 Oct 2018 11:39 #91001 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Democritus (ADV)
What is exactly bad in :CEL: :DOM: :PRE: :aus: :for: :pot: discipline spread ? Tell me. If i understand correctly, it would allow playing him in Brujah, Toreador and Ventrue decks (while keeping justicar curse meme).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 06 Oct 2018 11:39 by Lech.

More
06 Oct 2018 12:56 #91002 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Democritus (ADV)

What is exactly bad in :CEL: :DOM: :PRE: :aus: :for: :pot: discipline spread ? Tell me. If i understand correctly, it would allow playing him in Brujah, Toreador and Ventrue decks (while keeping justicar curse meme).

Look,
The curse is the curse.
Group 1 is not consistent with spreads, but G3 has a consistent theme (10 cap justicars get SUP SUP SUP bas bas (bas) where all superiors are in clan. The 8 cap, 9 cap, and Xavier break the rule. Xavier breaks the rule because he has 5 dots :ABO: in children of the night, but there was no :abo: when AE was printed. I threw that up to Ben when TU was being tested, and it got us the best justicar the Gangrel have, so hes allowed to break theme.
G5 takes it further with spreads, by giving SUP SUP SUP SUP bas (bas) and even plopping the 4 superiors on a 9 cap. Due to lack of support in clan for his spread, Unmada (my favorite malk jusicar) is the worst in cycle, followed by Montecalm, who's incredibly playable but didn't get a second basic, even tho Petradon gets :DOM: too with :for: multiact and :tha: for toolup. Gabrielle isn't great, but good.

What I'm getting at is the justicar curse isn't consistent, but as far as justicar spreads go, more modern ones get 4 superiors and the world isn't ending.
The biggest reason to make :for: Into :FOR: is lack of stealth discipline that make superior freak drive so helpful. Also, they REALLY skimped on :FOR: for G1 justicars, out of some kind of design concern.

More
20 Oct 2018 12:11 - 21 Oct 2018 07:28 #91323 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Democritus (ADV)

Limiting it to putting the card into your hand means it would only function with cards that you could normally play. Allowing cards to be put directly into play could lead to some bizarre effects; potentially you could get a free Remnant or Gurchon Hall, or all sorts of cards you couldn't normally play.

"Put into play" is a VERY strong wording, since it circumvents normal restrictions of clan etc. Its the reason why summon history is close to busted.

Lets be frank: if the ability was "put in play", you would get Ankara citadel or soul gem and have a turbo-democritus. *rolls eyes*. Sorry to rain on your parade. I understand that the original idea was innocent (get something to contest with opponent) but your mind is not dirty enough. :P
This is why we can't have fun things..

ps. Ok, if thats what you want.... Just be aware of the ramifications.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 21 Oct 2018 07:28 by Bloodartist.

More
02 Jan 2020 22:23 - 02 Jan 2020 22:24 #98387 by Arthur Volts
Replied by Arthur Volts on topic Democritus (ADV)
This is my version I've had kicking around for a long while.

Democritus 1
Clan: Ventrue
Capacity: 10
Camarilla. Justicar.
AUS DOM FOR PRE CEL pot
May place the top card of your ash heap into play face down to contest any non-vampire card or title as a +1 Stealth action that costs 2 blood. Remove both cards from the game if Democritus wins.
ADV: Democritus may pay the cost in blood for any cards you are contesting. +1 Bleed. +1 Hand Damage.

----So yes, he can contest ANY minion card, not just a unique card. He is basically out to cause pain and chaos, because if he wins you don't gain anything, but denying your opponent whatever was contested and their pool lost.----
Last edit: 02 Jan 2020 22:24 by Arthur Volts.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds