file Lasombra Cards

15 Aug 2011 11:21 - 15 Aug 2011 11:36 #8198 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Lasombra Cards

Yes but the thing is that ALL of the Paths are like that.

Path of Night
Path of Typhon
Path of Paradox
Path of Blood
Path of Retribution
Path of Death & the Soul

Path of the Scorched Heart is the exception and it is for Trujah (not a major Clan) so I can't really see them breaking this trend to create paths unless they sit ON the vampire and are NOT paths already in play.

The other "exception" is the Path of Evil Revelations, which is a Master, but does nothing to do with Disciplines.

Fact that majority of card works this way don't make this good design.

Obtenebration have worse cards:

Shade, Shadow Parasite, Shadow Strike, Summon the Abyss, Ahriman's Demesne, Black Metamorphosis, Blanket of Night, Tenebrous Form

Tenebrous Form is good and Blanket of Night is decent, Shadow Strike isn't that bad either with potence. I agree on the others though.

Tenebrous Form would be good if it would cost like half of blood, it's nice ally hoser but it's not too good either.

Blanket is overcosted, the whole 'tap this vampire' in the game where lowest minion with :OBT: have :cap5: is ... meh

Shadow Strike is plain inferior to crow/aids with signpost AND cost blood. For half of blood would be decent.

Which gives another thought - why some cards don't cost half of blood ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 15 Aug 2011 11:36 by Lech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2011 19:06 #8222 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Lasombra Cards
I wouldn't want to have to put 8+ copies of a "per vampire" path in a deck, especially if I was using one of the clans with the "Cheap Discipline" Path. So unless you're planning to do something significantly better than "-1 cost on Discipline X" I'll be playing the Path.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
17 Aug 2011 14:54 #8404 by Lech

I wouldn't want to have to put 8+ copies of a "per vampire" path in a deck, especially if I was using one of the clans with the "Cheap Discipline" Path. So unless you're planning to do something significantly better than "-1 cost on Discipline X" I'll be playing the Path.

Why would you play more than 2-3 paths in non-horde deck ? To make sure every vampire have it ?

Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
17 Aug 2011 19:16 #8445 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Lasombra Cards
If it is important enough to have the Path, then its important enough to want to get it early AND I'd want to have as many vampires have access to the Path as possible.

So I should either play:
- around 4 copies of a Master all of my vampires can use

OR

- 8+ copies of an action that can get blocked and I need to put on each minion one-by-one

Given those options, I'd nearly always choose the Master because it is harder to stop and generally effective (i.e. more vampires can use it) AND is more efficient by 4 card slots.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
18 Aug 2011 15:55 #8519 by Lech

If it is important enough to have the Path, then its important enough to want to get it early AND I'd want to have as many vampires have access to the Path as possible.

So I should either play:
- around 4 copies of a Master all of my vampires can use

OR

- 8+ copies of an action that can get blocked and I need to put on each minion one-by-one

Given those options, I'd nearly always choose the Master because it is harder to stop and generally effective (i.e. more vampires can use it) AND is more efficient by 4 card slots.

Why you insist that every single vampire have to benefit from path ? Consider Lasombra, you want to play nocturn deck and you play 4 copies of the path.

If you go with master phase, you have to spend master phase action and lose 1 pool, you play say 2 nocturns a turn and one shadow play. You 'gained' 3 blood, spend master phase action and lost 1 pool, in subsequent turns, players can burn your path and will likely succeed. But if they don't every next path is lost slot, card you have to discard in your discard phase or keep on hand in case someone burn the path,

If you go with action card, you have master phase for other things, like playing perfectionist which is many times as good as playing the path, or villein-giant's blood, or pentex or troublemaker (things that help you oust). Then in minion phase you play the action path (not likely to get blocked, innate 2 stealth action in stealth-bleed deck are rarely blocked, it's better to block the nocturn for wallish predator), unatap, play nocturn and likely play that shadow play on your nocturn or govern+conditioning. You 'gain' 2 blood, not waste master phase action. It cannot be burned, and every next can be played by your other vampires.

Now answer. WHY would you play the master: the path of night, instead of action: the path of night. I know i would play action, anytime.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds