file Card idea: Condemnation: Despaired

24 Aug 2011 07:14 #8896 by Ankha
Name: Condemnation: Despaired
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Daimoinon/Dementation
+1 stealth action. Condemnation.
[dem] (D) Tap a younger vampire.
[dai] Requires an Infernal vampire. (D) Put this card on a ready minion and move up to X blood from the acting minion to this card (minimum 1), where X is half the capacity of the acting vampire (round down). Burn all other Condemnations on this minion. The minion with this card may not act or block. During the acting vampire's untap phase, burn 1 counter. Burn this card when it has no counters.
[DAI] As [dai] above, and the minion with this card burns 1 blood or life each time a counter on this card is burned.

A new Condemnation. A defensive/offensive card for the Baali, but that costs some blood.
Keep in mind that most Baali can't multiact and that each action costs pool.
Basically, it will shut down a vampire for X turn, for a cost of X blood and 1 pool (untapping an infernal vampire costs 1 pool).
The condemned minion can still play reaction cards and vote.

Currently, most Baali decks can't take time to setup because each action costs pool and they have no defense against bleed or swarm (or vote, if you're not playing G5-6). So basically they have to move forward quickly.
This will give time for new Baali decks to setup.

The card is a bit similar to Riddle Phantastique but
- it is at 1 stealth
- it costs a little bit more (usually 3 blood, can go up to 5 for the 10-cap)
- the superior effect drain off the blood of the target.
- the target can't wake to block

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2011 08:26 - 24 Aug 2011 08:29 #8902 by extrala
Hmm, somehow I like the card. At first I thought it needed a "on younger vampire" clause, but that is solved by the "X is half the capacity of the acting vampire" clause. So no issue here ..

But I still think the effect is a bit too strong. Mostly because of big Baali vampires like Cybele, Nergal and The Unnamed. All of them have multi-act/untap capability (Rutors Hand, Freak Drive and Homunculus). In effect, it's an unremovable Pentex Subversion for X turns. To soften this somehow, I would like to add a clause, that the card can be burned during the affected minion's untap phase for a cost of X pool where X is number of counters on the Condemnation. (But maybe the cardtext is too long/complicated then).
Last edit: 24 Aug 2011 08:29 by extrala.

More
24 Aug 2011 08:52 #8905 by Haze
You could just make it Cost: X blood. and you don't need the "minimum 1" text, since it would burn immediately with 0 counters anyway.
Baali rarely have trouble with getting blocked, so it would probably only be used to prevent actions anyway. I think it's decently balanced though.

But I'm not so sure if it fits the Baali thematically to have a "lockdown" card. That already belongs to the realm of Chimerstry, and Kiasyd's Riddle, and some Dementation cards. current Daimoinon cards can slow or weaken minions who get in your way, but not complete lockdown. Unleash Hell's Fury is a better example of this same defensive concept: "you can still play your game, but you might get burned!"

More
24 Aug 2011 10:07 #8912 by Juggernaut1981
Condemnation: Despair
[dem] Tap a younger vampire.
[dai] Requires an Infernal vampire. Put this card on a ready minion as a (D) action and move up to X blood from the acting minion to this card, where X is 1 or more and less than half the capacity of the acting vampire (round down). Burn all other Condemnations on this minion. The minion with this card may not act or block. During the acting vampire's untap phase, burn 1 counter. Burn this card when it has no counters. A minion may burn X counters on this card by burning 1 blood.
[DAI] As [dai] above, and the minion with this card burns 1 blood or life each time a counter on this card is burned.

This gives a minion a way to remove it immediately for a fairly painful cost, in the same way as a Disarm.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
24 Aug 2011 11:11 #8916 by Vlad
Seems that the Default Section is still not working for you Ankha !! :laugh:

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
24 Aug 2011 11:22 - 24 Aug 2011 13:34 #8918 by Ankha

But I still think the effect is a bit too strong. Mostly because of big Baali vampires like Cybele, Nergal and The Unnamed. All of them have multi-act/untap capability (Rutors Hand, Freak Drive and Homunculus). In effect, it's an unremovable Pentex Subversion for X turns. To soften this somehow, I would like to add a clause, that the card can be burned during the affected minion's untap phase for a cost of X pool where X is number of counters on the Condemnation. (But maybe the cardtext is too long/complicated then).

I agree that the card is fine when played by some 7-cap Baali but becomes maybe a little to powerful when played by a 10-cap (which means 5 turn of pentex). See below for ways to reduce this delay (at some cost). Paying pool isn't a good thing because sometimes people tend to go suicidary when you play something nasty on them. Better not give them way to self-oust out of pique.

You could just make it Cost: X blood. and you don't need the "minimum 1" text, since it would burn immediately with 0 counters anyway.

I thought of it, but somehow I didn't want it to make it possible to cycle without paying some blood. But since it would cost an action, I guess we can remove the minimum limit for card space.

But I'm not so sure if it fits the Baali thematically to have a "lockdown" card. That already belongs to the realm of Chimerstry, and Kiasyd's Riddle, and some Dementation cards. current Daimoinon cards can slow or weaken minions who get in your way, but not complete lockdown. Unleash Hell's Fury is a better example of this same defensive concept: "you can still play your game, but you might get burned!"

Unleash Hell's Fury is a good way to go, but it doesn't prevent to go different ways.

A minion may burn X counters on this card by burning 1 blood.

This gives a minion a way to remove it immediately for a fairly painful cost, in the same way as a Disarm.

I would make it cost X (otherwise the card is useless at inferior), so at inferior it would cost X blood to remove, and 2X blood to remove at superior, and the blood must be paid by another vampire.

Considering all this, it gives:

Name: Condemnation: Despaired
[dem] (D) Tap a younger vampire.
[dai] Requires an Infernal vampire. (D) Put this card on a ready minion and move up to half the capacity of the acting vampire (round down) blood from the acting vampire to this card. Burn all other Condemnations on this minion. This minion may not act or block. During the acting vampire's untap phase, burn 1 counter. Any other vampire may take a +1 stealth action that costs X blood to remove X counter on this card. Burn this card when it has no counters.
[DAI] As [dai] above, and this minion burns 1 blood or life each time a counter on this card is burned.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 24 Aug 2011 13:34 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds