file Card idea: Full Moon

04 Sep 2011 05:02 #9555 by Sydnelson
Replied by Sydnelson on topic Re: Card idea: Full Moon

It probably should have 'any minion may burn this card as D action.'

What about "Any minion may burn this card as a D action. If the action is successful and the minion doesn't have Obtenebration, he or she takes 1 unpreventable damage" ?

Agree with Pascal if this card benefits werewolf too (+ 1 strength is good). If this car only affect !\Gangrel this burn effect is not necessary.

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2011 07:09 #9562 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Card idea: Full Moon

What about "Any minion may burn this card as a D action. If the action is successful and the minion doesn't have Obtenebration, he or she takes 1 unpreventable damage" ?

Agree with Pascal if this card benefits werewolf too (+ 1 strength is good). If this car only affect !\Gangrel this burn effect is not necessary.

It comparable to Tremere Convocation which is also burnable.

More
04 Sep 2011 08:17 - 04 Sep 2011 08:18 #9565 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Full Moon

Agreed. For a card that works only 1 turn out of 2, cost 1 pool on each turn it serves, it shouldn't be burnable. I didn't want to make it a path because paths tend to be master intensive. And thematically, burning a Full Moon doesn't make much sense (but the card could be named elsewise).
Giving werewolves +1 strength or a press seems pretty strong and would be too hard to balance. Better make another card for werewolves.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 04 Sep 2011 08:18 by Ankha.

More
04 Sep 2011 09:36 - 04 Sep 2011 09:38 #9566 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Card idea: Full Moon

And thematically, burning a Full Moon doesn't make much sense (but the card could be named elsewise).

Thematically, I don't see how spending pool can make the moon be full. :)
Other than that very minor point, I like the card.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2011 09:38 by Mael.

More
04 Sep 2011 11:27 #9573 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Full Moon

And thematically, burning a Full Moon doesn't make much sense (but the card could be named elsewise).

Well, it is full moon half of the time, but you must spend resources in moon-cream. :D

I forgot the Abominations. They could take benefit from the card too.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
04 Sep 2011 23:47 #9591 by DeathInABottle

Maybe the Methuselah exerts her influence to cause all of her minions' actions to take place during the evening of the full moon rather than any other time? It's a well-lit Jyhad. ...I dunno.

Anyway, I stand by the idea that it needs to affect werewolves somehow. If the moon is always full during the turns that those Gangrel are acting, then the werewolves that are acting at the same time are going to rage.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds