file new promo cards

07 Feb 2011 12:39 #1145 by fojtik
new promo cards was created by fojtik
It is true that some cards are unobtainable. There is probably no chance to reprint any set by VEKN. But what about reprinting some cards as promo? It would be really very nice to have chance to get these cards as new promo cards:

Villein
Ashur Tablets
Liquidation
Eyes of Argus
Deep Song
Parity Shift

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2011 12:58 #1147 by Shockwave
Replied by Shockwave on topic Re: new promo cards
This is effectively the same conversation as the proxy one. The issues are manyfold, but plucking two issues off the top of my head:

1. Why these? Why not, say, Summon History? Deflection? Shroud of Absence? Go to the right group, and you'll get your hand taken off if you offer a single Dreams of the Sphinx, or a .44 Magnum. What is rare for one group is not for another.

2. Who prints them? It's still not cheap to do this, and someone ends up carrying the can for costs, and it's difficult to recoup.

Incidentally, I largely agree with your list because I suspect it's probably the wishlist for the greatest proportion of players, but I'm playing Devil's Advocate there. If I had to come up with a list, I'd specifically aim for cards that are usable in as many decks as possible, and/or are desirable due to the difficulty in obtaining them. So, for example, I'd say Parity Shift certainly gets on there because of how long it's been since it was printed, and Ashur & Liquidation do because they're usable in a lot of decks, but Deep Song? Eyes of Argus? Why not say, Carlton van Wyk, or Target: Vitals?

And of course, in a cyclic manner this brings me back to problem #1. :)

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
07 Feb 2011 14:53 #1153 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: new promo cards
I would add Enkil Cog and Touch of Clarity to the list. Both are insanely powerful cards from a large, mostly reprints, out-of-print set.

More
07 Feb 2011 15:41 #1154 by fojtik
Replied by fojtik on topic Re: new promo cards
ad 1) I selected these cards because they are needfull in a lot of decks. Animalism and Auspex are old disciplines and a lot of clanes uses them.
Summon History and Shroud of Absence are not used by so much decks. And Deflection was reprinted in HTTB. It is not big problem to get deflection on ebay.
Touch of Clarity is not usable in very much decks too. Enkil Cog may be another candidate. But I do not thing that it is missing so much how Villein

ad 2) One way is reprint them as promo cards. How were promo cards printed till this moment? And another way is by printing these cards as part of new Storyline.

More
07 Feb 2011 16:15 #1155 by Shockwave
Replied by Shockwave on topic Re: new promo cards
I think you're both missing my point, i.e Your definition of powerful and rare may vary from mine, which may vary again from someone else.

And I believe CCP/WW printed the promos, meaning you're still out of luck.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
07 Feb 2011 17:01 - 07 Feb 2011 17:02 #1158 by er-principe
Replied by er-principe on topic Re: new promo cards
There's already a proposal on the nc section about
checking the chanche of having *official* (storyline)
small kits, two each year, that could fullfill the need of
reprinting some few old cards and getting some new ones for our
game.
Main issue is the copyright stuff however

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff
Last edit: 07 Feb 2011 17:02 by er-principe.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds