file General Proclaimation: Ban/Errata/Proxy This!

15 Feb 2011 11:54 #1521 by Suoli

Actually, I'll tell you what. If you can show how (e.g.) removing villein from play in your local group has massively improved things for everyone, then maybe we can look at further testing.

You might be confusing me with elotar. I want more Villein, not less. Still, how can you show that removing something like Memories of Mortality massively improved things for everyone? I don't think you can, at least not to what I perceive as your standard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2011 12:50 #1525 by BeAst

You might be confusing me with elotar. I want more Villein, not less. Still, how can you show that removing something like Memories of Mortality massively improved things for everyone? I don't think you can, at least not to what I perceive as your standard.

Hence the (e.g). Insert your "change" to replace.

What standard would you use? A single voice? Two? A petition? A poll? Who would make the change? Who would review it? How would you apply the change universally? How would you be sure it was fair and equitable? What follow-up would you put in place?

That's the thing. I don't have to justify NOT changing the game, it is what it is. Blind statements about what NEEDS to be done to improve things are worthless. I'm going deaf to the sound of all the axes grinding, but I've yet to hear identification of universal problem > proposed solution > testing > resolution or something leading to it.

LSJ is still (AFAIK) the rulesmonger for vtes. He's still contactable via BGG.

More
15 Feb 2011 13:05 #1527 by Suoli

Hence the (e.g). Insert your "change" to replace.

What standard would you use? A single voice? Two? A petition? A poll? Who would make the change? Who would review it? How would you apply the change universally? How would you be sure it was fair and equitable? What follow-up would you put in place?

Any changes should be handled the same way they have been handled so far. Is the rules team still active? If not, maybe there's need for one.

More
15 Feb 2011 20:28 #1568 by Lönkka

That's the thing. I don't have to justify NOT changing the game, it is what it is.

Hear hear!

Any changes should be handled the same way they have been handled so far. Is the rules team still active? If not, maybe there's need for one.

Well, some chap called L. Scott Johnson is the Rules Director in the Inner Circle of VEKN... ;)

vekn.net/index.php/vampire-elder-kindred-network/inner-circle-list

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds