question-circle What triggers your need to build new decks?

31 Dec 2010 20:12 #186 by Adonai
What inspires you to build new decks?

Combos?
Vampire specials?
Other people's decks that you think you can improve?
Getting sick of your current decks?

Qawiyya el-Ghaduba has inspired me recently. I've created and played 10+ decks featuring her since the release of Heirs to the Blood.

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?crypt=1355

games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/msearch?query=Qawiyya&submit=Search&charset=ISO-8859-1

www.thelasombra.com/decks.htm#HttB

www.thelasombra.com/decks/clandecks.htm#SalubriAntitribu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2010 23:00 #187 by ICL
Pretty much getting sick of current decks.

Of course, taking a step further back, what leads to being sick of current decks is a disdain for predictability and repetition. This is why quite a few of my preferred decks are ones that just seem to be random cards.

Just yesterday, I was commenting upon how I almost want to capture the randomness of Jyhad starters in terms of effects while, of course, avoiding their problem of not having minions who can play all of the cards.

More
31 Dec 2010 23:31 #189 by Lost_Heretic
It always comes down to the crypt cards for me - I'm a new player that's typically where I start building my decks.

Right now I'm trying to make a deck based on Count Zaroff's blood hunt avoidance and the Jozz deck I've posted here on the forums.

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast

More
02 Jan 2011 01:52 #195 by TorranceCircle
Combos?
Vampire specials?
Getting sick of your current

I sometimes find a vampire who has some special or mix of disciplines and try to make a deck. Usually, I make a deck using my favorite clan and try to add in a non-clan discipline (that is, I try to get vamps from that clan that have the off discipline.) I think what inspires me most is trying to make a deck I've never seen or heard of before (usually I find out later it has been done in one form or another.:tore:

More
02 Jan 2011 07:20 #196 by Amenophobis

What inspires you to build new decks?

Combos?
Vampire specials?
Getting sick of your current decks?

Strong cards and vampire special inspire me most.
Getting sick of my current decks that don't work all the time is my second big motiviation to build new decks. :whistle:

More
02 Jan 2011 14:18 - 02 Jan 2011 14:24 #197 by KzArashi
Well, I play for fun and don't care much about win or loose. I begun to play VTES because of my love for VTM. I allways liked Sabbat and 98% of the decks I ever build were Sabbat clans based.
Indeed my regular deck for about 10 yers have been a Malkavian Antitribu one.
Other deck that I have much fun to play was a "Ventrue Antitribu - Political Shup up!" I like that so much when of Sabbat War release.
Another big fun one was a City Gangrel - Multiple strikes. I thought: What if The Flash get bitten by a werewolf? B)
The last deck I made was one Salubri Antitribu - Third eye's House of Flying flaming Daggers.
I know that are so much great combo decks out there. But I get very happy roleplaying my VTES decks: "Eat burning daggers little butterfly! - Don't mess with the third eyes sages!!!" !salu! :AUS: :VAL: :P ;)

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore
Last edit: 02 Jan 2011 14:24 by KzArashi. Reason: misstypes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds