file V:TES Leagues

05 Jan 2012 21:34 #20013 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: V:TES Leagues
In Paris (France), we've been running a league for many years.
Before 2006 (I think from 2004 to 2005), it was run by Christophe Baltazar with some rules, then I organized it from 2006 to 2008 with a "arrondissement" system (cards you could earn by scoring and that would help you during the final game of the league, where the 5 best players would fight to earn the title of Seneschal of Paris).
You can find the details on the french website www.veknfrance.com/site/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=54

Then I gave up til the middle of last year because it was becoming more and more complicated to gather the scores and compute them into a sophisticated system, then displaying the scores, while creating the arrondissement cards.

I started again with a very simple league that I detailled recently here and that is running this year again.

(I made some slight changes this year, basically dividing the year in 2 halves, awarding double points to GW and allowing Caitiff and Imbued to compete).

The goal of the league has always been:
- to attract and gather the players into the same place (a shop where we also hold our tournaments), so that there's always a playgroup
- to promote competitive play (no weird crypt construction rule or whatelse)

People were very pleased last year with the system so I extended it to this year.
Counting the points is very simple (a simple Excel sheet), there's no special rule and it promotes diversity in the decks (hence its name). It works.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds