file A good idea!

01 Jan 2012 18:48 - 01 Jan 2012 19:39 #19675 by Breno Pedretti
A good idea! was created by Breno Pedretti
Hello friends!

My name is Brian, I started playing Vampire last year, just loved the game!

But unfortunately, I came across a big problem undeterminable, the great difficulty of cards "of the game." I refer to cards like Ashur Tablets, Liquidation, Deep Song, Enkil Cog, Rego Motus (for Tremere), Eyes of Argus, Freak Drive ... and also, only a few others.

As a beginner, it is virtually impossible to get these cards, even today I do not think 13 deep song! But then I remembered that on the same deck, I need at least 7 Ashur, and discouragement comes again.

So seeing an experience that some cardgames adopted and had success, let me give you an idea, make a reprint edition of cards like these that I mentioned. Cardgame always need new players, new audience, and if this audience can have access to good cards to play as the same level of competitiveness that the old players, this beginner clings to the game!

It's just an idea, I apologize for my bad English and hope you enjoy and comment!

Thank you!

Breno
Last edit: 01 Jan 2012 19:39 by Damnans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2012 12:24 #19728 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: A good idea!

So seeing an experience that some cardgames adopted and had success, let me give you an idea, make a reprint edition of cards like these that I mentioned.

Breno,
welcome aboard and thanks for a great idea!

Unfortunately VEKN doesn't own any rights to the game and thus we aren't able to print any cards. The copyright holders of the game are Wizards of the Coast and CCP/White Wolf.

The reprint idea has been discussed previously in number of topics in this forum; check them out for more details on the problem.

BTW Freak Drives are easily available in several starters. Usually in an expansion there is at least one starter that has 2 copies of Freak Drive. Yeah, you'll most likely need to buy several. Or if building an Una deck, erm, quite a few...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
02 Jan 2012 18:50 #19748 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: A good idea!
In our playgroup we let the players play with (good printed or copied) proxies so they don't have to pay horrendous prices to try out a specific deck. That's not possible for tournaments of course, but for that you can always ask seasoned players to lend you stuff.

Often enough a deck works with some other cards than those you mentioned to a satisfying degree. You don't neccessarily need Ashur Tablets, Liquidation or Eyes of Argus for example. Instead of Rego Motus you could try Leatherjackets or search for Tremere with Fortitude. Please don't get discouraged, but search for some clever alternatives. That is fun too and often enough you have a sort of surprise effect in a game.

Baron of Frankfurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
03 Jan 2012 07:44 - 03 Jan 2012 08:37 #19769 by Arthur Volts
Replied by Arthur Volts on topic Re: A good idea!
Make a different deck if you don't have the materials or specifically buy the cards you need online.

The cards are out there. So often I see people state difficulties in their local market.

Printing is obviously out of the question right now.

Even if printing were an option I don't think it's a good enough reason to reprint a whack of sought after cards just because there may be a strong meta with them at the moment.

Plus net decking is bad for the soul.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2012 08:37 by Arthur Volts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon

More
03 Jan 2012 16:49 #19797 by johannes
Replied by johannes on topic Re: A good idea!

Make a different deck if you don't have the materials or specifically buy the cards you need online.

Net decking is not only bad for the soul it is also bad for your success as a competitive V:TES player. It is a long way round but you have to learn it from the bascis of building your deck upwards, just like you learn to ride motorcycles on a crappy slow bike and not a 190HP race bike. When a beginner plays one of the Tier1 decks, especially those with lots of masters, he is easily confused. There are too many parts clicking together and the timing of cards being played is much more important as with a basic deck. He usually does worse than with a basic toolbox deck and totally screws the table in the process more often than not. Back in the day we all made our own decks, crappy useless decks they were but we thought it was the greatest deck in the world. Then we went to another country for a tournament and got totally killed, triple 0 VP. We learned something and went back to build better decks. The Internet can help tremendously in making good decks and improving your level of play, BUT only if you have your own experience to be able to judge what is good and why.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
03 Jan 2012 17:17 #19799 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: A good idea!

Too late, I already sold mine for a GW. This is VtES, you know!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds