file Turpakäräjät aka. Rumble Court format?

06 Mar 2011 10:11 - 06 Mar 2011 10:13 #2123 by Lönkka
I've been pondering about a tournament format that would be more centered on combat and before trying it out thought to ask for feedback.

I'd want to avoid Strike: Combat End oriented combat in a combat themed tournament so limitation on usage of S:CE cards is needed.

Here are the special rules in the format:
-At least 50% of the library has to be combat cards (or combo cards with combat, such as Swallowed by the Night).

-No more than 10% of those combat cards can have S:CE in them. (Illusions of the Kindred is considered a S:CE for this)

EXAMPLE: In a 90 card deck you have to have at least 45 combat cards. Assuming you're playing with 45 combat cards you can have a maximum of 4 S:CE cards.

Any thoughts on this?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 06 Mar 2011 10:13 by Lönkka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Lönkka's Avatar Topic Author
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
06 Mar 2011 14:58 - 06 Mar 2011 15:00 #2136 by librarian
6 ashur tablets, 45 dodge/prevents, and 3 WWS, the rest stealth and bleed, mostly bleed, with Villeins and Lillith. That was my first idea for getting around the rules you propose, or at least building a deck within the rules, but not the spirit. Esp since with little to know SCE, people won't pack much anti-SCE tech. A lot of anti-SCE tech is also anti-dodge tech (Immortal gRapple), so since folks won't be using so much of that, your Dodges might help out more.

Maybe you should also think about giving a spiff for certain combat events happening. Examples: torpor opposing minion = gain 1 pool; burn opposing minion = gain 2 pool, or your minion untaps; after turn 4, if you have no ready minions for 2 turns, you are ousted. Just spitballing, but maybe stuff like that?

Finally, are weapons considered combat, or not?

Chris
Last edit: 06 Mar 2011 15:00 by librarian.

More
06 Mar 2011 19:29 #2149 by Lönkka

A lot of anti-SCE tech is also anti-dodge tech (Immortal gRapple), so since folks won't be using so much of that, your Dodges might help out more.

I'm not that concerned about dodges as
just one S:CE will trump all additional strikes, but if you are not able to get additional strikes dodges won't do you that much good. But prevent will, that is, if the damage can be preveted with the prevents you are using...

Maybe you should also think about giving a spiff for certain combat events happening.

I'm guessing that these WILL be happening anyways when you're centered around combat. Besides I wouldn't want to make too many special rules for the format. KISS, eh?

Finally, are weapons considered combat, or not?

Only the ones that are combat cards (the red cards) like Zip Gun and WWS. Equipment cards, even if melee weapons or guns, are still equipment cards.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
28 Apr 2011 16:45 - 28 Apr 2011 16:52 #3918 by Lönkka
Had some local comments to the format and did some revising:

-At least 50% of the library has to be Combat cards (or combo cards with combat, such as Swallowed by the Night).

-Count the number of the Combat cards in the deck. Your Library cards can have only 10% of this amount (rounded down) cards that have Strike: Combat End in them. (Illusions of the Kindred and Flash Grenade are considered a S:CE for this).

-Likewise, your Library cards can have only 20% of this amount (rounded down) Combat cards that have Burn Option.

EXAMPLE: In a 90 card deck you have to have at least 45 combat cards. Assuming you're playing with 45 combat cards you can have a maximum of 4 S:CE cards and/or 9 Combat cards with Burn Option.

Last edit: 28 Apr 2011 16:52 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
28 Apr 2011 17:18 #3922 by elotar
Just visit Russia!

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
29 Apr 2011 02:27 #3933 by librarian

Just visit Russia!

Didn't I see a post somewhere that the Russian champ was weenie presence bleed?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds