file 60-90, Where do you fall?

13 Mar 2011 22:49 #2423 by Pullen
So I've been looking at my decks of late and almost every single deck has 90 cards in it and I have been trying out some less then 90 card decks out. So I was wondering what every one else does for different decks. For instance, I like Stealth Bleed to be under 70 and combat to be 90, but what about other arch-types?

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2011 01:20 #2431 by Bell
Replied by Bell on topic Re: 60-90, Where do you fall?
I don't have any hard-and-fast rules for what size to build decks, I mainly go on "feel" I suppose. I'd say more of my decks run around 90, although I have been working more decks with less especially if I feel that Ashur Tablets are appropriate.

More
14 Mar 2011 03:39 #2432 by Juggernaut1981
I tend to have 90card decks, and I also noticed that I tend to include multiples of 4 in many decks. Particularly in certain deck modules, like combat or political actions.

I'm trying to periodically build much leaner decks, at least a few of them should be down around the 60-70 mark. But I think another part of that is my tendency to build toolboxy and play to survive and win, not just win. A few of the players in my group do comment on the tendency for me to keep on surviving.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
14 Mar 2011 05:52 #2434 by jhattara
Mostly 90 cards, but sometimes I make more focused decks that have anything between 60 and 80 cards. My decks also tend to have high amounts of red cards in them.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
14 Mar 2011 10:16 - 14 Mar 2011 10:17 #2445 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: 60-90, Where do you fall?
I mostly have 90 card decks, but that is just mainly because that's the module I learned to play in - the top, and 'adviced', cap of tournaments. I also prefer playing more casual and toolboxish decks, and I've found the only reason many of my decks have been scaled down to 87-89 is because some of the sleeves have been torn. :)

I'm also not accustomed to playing very, very offensive decks, so focusing wasn't so much of an issue. Many of my friends are huge fans of narrowing their decks down to focus on certain combos, though. Maybe one of these days I'll learn that too. :dry:

I've recently taken an interest in G4-5 Nos/!Nos midcap potence... Let's see if I'll try to make that one less than 90.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 14 Mar 2011 10:17 by Kraus.

More
14 Mar 2011 17:19 - 14 Mar 2011 17:20 #2460 by Joscha
I almost always build my decks around 75 cards. A fighty deck eventually goes up to 80. A well focused deck could stop at 65 to 70 cards. I really like cardflow of medium decks. You often see your wanted masters and seldom clog.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 14 Mar 2011 17:20 by Joscha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds