check Stepping down from the Design Team

25 Apr 2012 07:56 #28656 by Ohlmann
Maybe it would be good to create a thread on rarity and card design ? While interesting, I see few connecting dot between the decision of three people to quit a project, and how to do the project correctly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2012 07:59 - 25 Apr 2012 08:01 #28657 by Chaitan

Cavalier looks broken until you try to actually play it. Then you realise the problem: how do I spend 2+ blood per turn when I don't have Perfectionist to refill?

Exactly. Cavalier is not a bad card, I should use it more often but it pales in comparison to Perfectionist.

As the guys at Cause and Effect said; "hunt action is the worst action you can do". Perfectionist makes sure I don't run out of steam and is forced to perform this worst action.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2012 08:01 by Chaitan.

More
25 Apr 2012 12:22 #28683 by ReverendRevolver

I have been running it in a Madness Network deck with GtU to bleed every time around the table. But once I put in the blood gain and the intercept to keep the MN in play, it just does not flow right.

i've listed a deck out with it, and i believe you and i have had the madness network talks before. the best way i've tried with cavalier and madness network is using Tryphosa (all your bleeds cost 1 blood and are at +1 stealth, so notmally you get through)

but this thread is moving far away from its original intention. I easily agree that power level of cards that are being or were being designed is relevant to the conversation, but disputing power levels of already existing cards does not belong here.

More
25 Apr 2012 13:35 - 25 Apr 2012 13:36 #28684 by Hakuron
Pardon me, but is this thread still "Stepping down from the Design Team"?

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de
Last edit: 25 Apr 2012 13:36 by Hakuron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, acbishop, Alex O

More
25 Apr 2012 14:03 #28685 by Wedge
I am not exactly sure where it appears that my stance changed.
If blood cost is such an issue why do people play freak drive?
Cavalier is a good card, it does have a limited scope of decks it would be in.
It gives the ability to multi-act to decks that previously did not have access to it. It is not that it is good that made it a rare, rather it is the limited scope and change in potential decks.

Just because the people who have the card in required numbers have chosen to make use of it does not mean it is not viable for tier 1-2.

I will take cavalier to another thread.

More
27 Apr 2012 23:45 #28857 by talonz
Isnt it kind of too late to retrieve playtest cards ideas? They have been put into the public domain and formally submitted or adopted by the vekn...

I know many companies specefically have a 'you submit it, its ours' kind of property waiver thingamabob.

What is the vekns position on this?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds