check Plans for 2012 Limited Storyline

24 May 2012 20:46 #31123 by echiang
Dear VTES Community,

I'm not sure what's going to happen now with the storyline, but I wanted to share with my fellow players the storyline plans I had originally planned for 2012. I've been working on this for around a year and a half now - got hung up on the fiction and I wish I had posted details much earlier.

The idea was to tie together a series of Constructed and Limited Storylines (along with the NAC Storyline) centered around a classic sect conflict over the iconic city of Atlanta (which was featured heavily in the Clan Novel Saga). Note that this idea was developed independently from the Atlanta playgroup's "Battle for Atlanta" league which is different. There would be a winning clan for the Constructed, for the Limited, and for the NAC storyline, and clan participation would also be tracked across all the events for a winning clan in that category as well.

If the VEKN is still interested in running this, they're certainly welcome to. Similarly, if any players / princes / tournament organizers like the format and want to give it a try, I would be honored if they ran such an event and would love to hear about it. Depending on their location I might even be able to send them some promos. Back in January, we had plans to offer storyline packages available for purchase through Rose Tatu Productions and Walch & Nusser but it's up to them if they want to still make them available.

The Siege of Atlanta

Background: The Sabbat attempt to hold on to Atlanta while the Camarilla tries to take the city back. Other factions look for an opportunity to seize control. The Constructed event focuses on a sect battle for political power and control over the city while the Limited event is centered around key locations.

I. Special Rules

Five locations start in play in the center of the table, uncontrolled:

High Museum of Art, Atlanta
Powerbase: Savannah
Succubus Club
Pentex™ Loves You!
WMRH Talk Radio

If any of these locations are ever burned or removed from the game (including when their controller is ousted), the controller burns 1 pool and afterwards, return the card to the center (untapped) afterward.

While uncontrolled, any vampire may take control of the High Museum as an undirected action. Special card text allow Methuselahs to take control of Powerbase: Savannah (which has a modified steal clause), the Succubus Club, Pentex™ Loves You!, and WMRH Talk Radio.

All five locations will have modified card text for the storyline:

High Museum of Art, Atlanta
Cardtype: Master
Master: unique location.
Gain 4 pool when you put this card into play or gain control of it. During your master phase, you may tap this card to burn 1 blood or life from a minion controlled by your prey. Any vampire can steal this location for his or her controller as a (D) action. Burn 4 pool when you lose control of the High Museum (including when it is burned or becomes contested).

Powerbase: Savannah
Master: unique location. Elysium.
You may tap any other unique location you control to end combat involving an acting vampire you control before range is chosen. Tap to have your vampire call a referendum to burn 2 pool from a Methuselah as a +1 stealth political action. During any discard phase, a Methuselah may burn the Edge and tap an untapped ready minion she controls to steal this location.

Succubus Club
During your untap phase, you may tap this card to trade with a Methuselah who agrees to trade. You may trade pool, cards in hand, and controlled cards. Methuselahs must maintain their hand size; additional terms not enforced. Any Methuselah may burn a pool to cancel the trade (Club remains tapped). As a discard phase action, a Methuselah may burn 1 pool and discard 4 random cards from her hand to steal this location.

Pentex™ Loves You!
Cost: (None)
Tap this card and choose a vampire you control. Once this turn, that vampire may enter combat with any minion as a +1 stealth (D) action or burn 1 blood for +1 bleed during the current action. Any vampire may call a referendum to steal this location as a +1 stealth political action.

WMRH Talk Radio
Cost: (None)
Tap to give any minion +1 intercept for the current action. If that minion doesn't successfully block the action, burn 1 pool after the action resolves. During your predator's discard phase, tap to burn 1 pool from your prey. A vampire who is ready at the end of combat when the opposing minion is not may burn 1 blood to steal this location.

In the unlikely scenario where someone drafts one of these cards: After successfully playing the card (at no cost), place the played card into your ash heap. Your prey burns 1 pool. Untap and take control of the appropriate location.

II. Deck Construction

After constructing your draft deck, each player chooses one clan (for the remainder of the tournament). Whenever a player influences out a member of their chosen clan (during their influence phase), they gain a pool.

Essentially vampires of that clan cost one less pool, which steers people towards building a deck around a single clan, which is normally hard in Limited. You can even support a clan not in your deck, if you're willing to be at a minor disadvantage.

Imbued are allowed as a clan choice. Nights of Reckoning tends to be a poor choice for draft and Imbued are extremely fragile in Limited (few cards they can use, not enough Conviction cards, hard to get out of incapacitated).

The only cards banned are those normally banned in VEKN tournaments (with the exception of Succubus Club, which is legal if you draft it with Jyhad, VTES, or Camarilla Edition). Also note that Recalled to the Founder is *not* banned (if you can manage to put it into play during Limited then you deserve to see the effect go off!)

III. Results

(These were the original plans):

Please record the chosen clan for each player at the tournament (used later on for determining attendance). The represented clan will be tallied from each Constructed storyline, each Limited storyline, and the One-Shot storyline. The clan represented the most number of times wins.

Also collect the winning deck list.

For informational purposes, please provide details on the format. (Number and types of boosters/starters used, any special cards distributed, any specially approved formats used).

The winning player may choose a Key Minion (mainly for flavor purposes). This minion must be from the chosen clan, but does NOT necessarily have to be present in the player’s crypt.

The clan with the most number of wins is able to secure control over key locations in Atlanta.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nergaal, Dorrinal, Silmegil, Vlad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2012 17:46 #31379 by Vlad
Many thanks for that Eric...
I will surely try it with my playgroup...

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
29 May 2012 19:29 #31390 by Nergaal
Many thanks for your work :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds