compress Proxy printing

30 May 2012 13:22 #31437 by Reyda
Proxy printing was created by Reyda
Ok guys, let's be honnest : I am working for the magazine whose website I am promoting here :)

Actually it's a website about MtG, but the sysop and being V:tes addicts, we somewhat convinced our boss to give tools to fellow V:tes players !

So when you go to www.lotusnoir.info you can create decks from text decklists. Then from the Deck editor, if you print on "iprimer le proxy" -> which of course roughly translates to "Print da proxy now baby !".....

The website generates a PDF page with all the cards at the right scale. They perfectly fit card sleeves. You just have to cut them out, because the website won't do *everything* for you, you lazy bum !

so TRY IT ! even if it's in french :) So we serious players will not be annoyed anymore by your paper proxies with names hastily written on them, that slow gameplay and irritates us :p

And voilà, I have heroic might all pretty with the verbose thing (so no card text problem when using them) and the bioutifoul illustration !! B-)

Note there is a disclaimer (albeit in french) : this is used to test decks, not to replace in any way official cards. Of course you knew ! :p

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, extrala, vragozakas, Stefan, Joscha, dude_PL, Dorrinal, Vlad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2012 13:47 #31439 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: Proxy printing
Surely this site / service will get sued out of existence?

Admittedly not by the VTES crowd — but by MTG / Wizards...

I think the barrier to creating proxies is a good thing. It requires a bit of effort which discourages most people...

Ke

More
30 May 2012 14:09 #31441 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Re: Proxy printing
This is a great way to produce proxies for casual games. Having the most recent printing available is crucial.

:trem:

More
30 May 2012 14:59 #31447 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Proxy printing

Ok guys, let's be honnest : I am working for the magazine whose website I am promoting here :)

Actually it's a website about MtG, but the sysop and being V:tes addicts, we somewhat convinced our boss to give tools to fellow V:tes players !

So when you go to www.lotusnoir.info you can create decks from text decklists. Then from the Deck editor, if you print on "iprimer le proxy" -> which of course roughly translates to "Print da proxy now baby !".....

Wow, Reyda, this is great! I took a quick look, and it looks like you have to become a member of the site to print the proxies. I will definitely investigate further when I get back from the NAC. I think that a service like this is sorely needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
30 May 2012 15:04 - 30 May 2012 15:05 #31449 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Proxy printing

Surely this site / service will get sued out of existence?

Admittedly not by the VTES crowd — but by MTG / Wizards...

"We are in France, we speak french".
Sébastien Chabal

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 30 May 2012 15:05 by Reyda.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
30 May 2012 16:01 #31451 by prunesquallor
Replied by prunesquallor on topic Re: Proxy printing
Is it possible to print just a few cards without providing a full deck list?

For example, I just need 2 copies of Provision of the Silsila and 1 copy of Nizzam al-Latif.

I tried using the site, and with an invalid deck list, I just see a button for "effacer toutes les cartes" (delete all the cards) instead of "iprimer le proxy". Even if I do put in the full deck list, there are only a few of them I really need to print out...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds