file Thaumaturgy Trick

07 Apr 2011 16:12 #3227 by brandonsantacruz
Hey Folks,
I built a demo deck that was Trem/!Trem, basically intercept combat. In one game I was helping someone play the deck, something pretty tricky happened. Some 5-cap dork with THA had played a Rutor's Hand earlier and, finding that his prey was tapped out, equipped the Codex of the Edenic Groundskeepers and bled him for 7 with the minion's second action(Tasha, Codex, basic conditioning), ousting his prey.

This got me thinking- are there other applications? You can not only equip stuff normally, but you could Magic of the Smith something hiding in your deck and bleed with your 2nd action. This may be an old trick, but I found it useful for dramatically improving your surprise bleed potential. It could be used to get combat awesomeness, of course, but bleeds win more games.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2011 16:26 #3228 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Thaumaturgy Trick
I really like to fetch Guarded Rubrics with some Tha-Black-Hand-sister. Thaumaturgy is such a perfect discipline. Watch those Tupdogs turn pale after you Magic-of-the-Smith a Gran Madre di Dio.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
08 Apr 2011 06:33 #3245 by Dr.Mafrune
Replied by Dr.Mafrune on topic Re: Thaumaturgy Trick
Try the same adding Setites tech: temptations, enticement and Heidelberg Castle.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
08 Apr 2011 11:29 #3250 by Mephistopheles
Thanks Brandon for this thread. You just gave me a cool idea.

I've built a deck with Carmen and other non-camarilla vampires with Dominate and Thaumaturgy. The idea is to get a Rutor's Hand on everybody, fetch a Codex and bleed like hell. Carmen gives your vampires a +1stealth on equip actions! And the funniest thing: NRA PAC! All your vamps will untap (since they equipped the Codex)!

The master section is of course loaded with Anarch Troublemaker and Misdirection :laugh:

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
08 Apr 2011 13:12 #3256 by brandonsantacruz

Thanks Brandon for this thread. You just gave me a cool idea.

I've built a deck with Carmen and other non-camarilla vampires with Dominate and Thaumaturgy. The idea is to get a Rutor's Hand on everybody, fetch a Codex and bleed like hell. Carmen gives your vampires a +1stealth on equip actions! And the funniest thing: NRA PAC! All your vamps will untap (since they equipped the Codex)!

The master section is of course loaded with Anarch Troublemaker and Misdirection :laugh:

You're welcome. I was thinking about a deck that is pretty wall-ish with equipment and a lot of theft. Wait until your prey lunges, then Eagle's Sight block and finish them off on your turn. Extra points for Storage Annex to hold vital parts of the combo! There are several ways it can play out. Art's Traumatic Essence could be helpful, too.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds