file Parity shift, what's practical?

03 Sep 2012 14:56 #35838 by Agamemnon
Parity Shift
Type: Political Action
Requires: prince,justicar
Requires a prince or justicar.
Choose a Methuselah who has more pool than you do. Allocate X of his or her pool between 1 or more of the other Methuselahs (including you), where X is the number of Methuselahs in the game. Successful referendum means the chosen Methuselah loses that pool, and it is allocated as you announced

this just seems like you'd be able to keep using it as long as you keep your pool relatively low, but is there an ideal number to run in a 90 card deck? Assuming you have more than 2/3rds of the crypt with the proper titles.

Hindsight is foresight because we walk in circles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2012 15:04 #35840 by Pascal Bertrand
Don't run more than 6-7, imho.
Nosferatu Royalty is probably the best place to use it. It's a deck with a very strong start, that needs some help in the later game to finish the job (bleeding, most of the times).

In the early game, Parity Shift is really good, because you know you'll be able to play it.
In the middle game, it all depends on the other players. Does your prey bloat? Is your predator pool-aggressive?

Quite often, I've realized a KRC could've given me more pool than a Parity Shift (by ousting :)), or that a Banishment was easier to call and would have helped me better.

Don't forget that Parity Shift usually puts a big mark on your head ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Agamemnon

More
03 Sep 2012 16:08 - 03 Sep 2012 16:20 #35845 by Agamemnon
I haven't played many vote based decks except a friend's ventrue/daughters of cacophany deck. I made a deck around Lutz/Maris + alastor so I put the 4x that I had in that. Since I just bought 4x more, I guess I'm wondering how often does the card allow you to get past a lack of vote majority simply with the built in bribery? and are there cards that are good in tandem with the shift specifically?

Malkavian Prank
Type: Master
Requires: Malkavian
Master.
Each other Methuselah holds 1 to 4 counters in his or her hand. Guess the number of counters in each Methuselah's hand. If you guess correctly, you gain that much pool from his or her pool. If you guess incorrectly, that Methuselah gains that much pool from the blood bank.

comes to mind :laugh: anything that gives pool to another player as a drawback?

Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 16:20 by Agamemnon.

More
03 Sep 2012 16:25 #35848 by johannes

I haven't played many vote based decks except a friend's ventrue/daughters of cacophany deck. I guess I'm wondering how often does the card allow you to get past a lack of vote majority simply with the built in bribery? and are there cards that are good in tandem with the shift specifically? Malkavian prank comes to mind:laugh:

Malkavian Prank is certainly one of the worse ones. Particularly good in tandem with Parity Shift:
- 1st Tradition
- Aching Beauty
- Zillah´s Valley

and really any card that costs lots of pool and is useful (see for example www.thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2k9peacemakerparis for a bit untraditional use).

Like Floppy mentioned: very important is your end-game ousting plan. P.S is immensly strong at the beginning, but in the 2 player situation it sucks a lot. So usually P.S should enable you to bring more offense to the table (usually more vampires and allies). If you count a lot on P.S to work (like the Nosfe Royalty going very low on pool with many Zillah´s Valley or the First Tradition deck) you can suffer from a Delaying Tactic´s heavy environment, I prefer to run backup pool gain from other votes, Voter Captivation and Villein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agamemnon

More
03 Sep 2012 16:27 #35849 by johannes
To elaborate why Malkavian Prank is bad: you either take pool from your prey, then you will most likely have more pool then him and cannot play P.S or you give him pool and steal it back with P.S, so P.S is not offensive but merely a complicated way of gaining pool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agamemnon

More
03 Sep 2012 16:56 - 03 Sep 2012 16:59 #35852 by Agamemnon

Malkavian Prank is certainly one of the worse ones. Particularly good in tandem with Parity Shift:
- 1st Tradition
- Aching Beauty
- Zillah´s Valley

and really any card that costs lots of pool and is useful (see for example www.thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2k9peacemakerparis for a bit untraditional use).

Like Floppy mentioned: very important is your end-game ousting plan. P.S is immensly strong at the beginning, but in the 2 player situation it sucks a lot. So usually P.S should enable you to bring more offense to the table (usually more vampires and allies). If you count a lot on P.S to work (like the Nosfe Royalty going very low on pool with many Zillah´s Valley or the First Tradition deck) you can suffer from a Delaying Tactic´s heavy environment, I prefer to run backup pool gain from other votes, Voter Captivation and Villein.

the deck uses anathema for pool gain as well, but that's also vulnerable to delaying tactics :pinch: how useful is dark mirror of the mind for a deck with 1/3 being 7 cap or lower?

Dark Mirror of the Mind
Type: Action
Requires: capacity 8
Requires a vampire of capacity 8 or more. +1 stealth action.
Gain 2 pool.

Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 16:59 by Agamemnon.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds