question-circle Enkil Cog vs Summon History?

24 Apr 2011 16:05 #3739 by echiang
Lately, there's been an obsession over Enkil Cog, and the obscene eBay prices it has been commanding.

I wonder if Enkil Cog has now topped Summon History as the most valuable card in VTES? What do you think?

I think it's amusing that just one or two years ago, many players thought that Summon History was worth more than Enkil Cog and were eagerly swapping their Cogs for Histories.

But I think now a lot of people are finally realizing that while a Summon History deck is funny, there's really not much use for it outside of Trujah and Ian Forestal, while Enkil Cog can fit into a wider variety of decks.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2011 20:30 #3747 by Adonai

I wonder if Enkil Cog has now topped Summon History as the most valuable card in VTES? What do you think?

I'm of the opinion that they were never in competition. Enkil Cog has always been more valuable and harder for people to part with.

If you have 2 Summon History, you put one in your collection binder, and never expect to play the other one. It is easy to trade or sell.

If you have 2 Enkil Cog, they go into and out of 3 different decks every play session.

Enkil Cog would definitely make it into my 20th anniversary kit, if I were planning one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
24 Apr 2011 21:24 - 24 Apr 2011 21:28 #3748 by Boris The Blade

If you have 2 Summon History, you put one in your collection binder, and never expect to play the other one. It is easy to trade or sell.

I am not so sure about that anymore. Everybody thinks about Summon History and Ankara Citadel spam to get all the unique allies/Inner circles out, but a couple can find their their way in most True Brujah decks. A summoned Carlton provides the True Brujah with much needed intercept and Ankara Citadel allows them to pay a decent cost for Lost in Translation, Rewind Time,...
Last edit: 24 Apr 2011 21:28 by Boris The Blade.

More
25 Apr 2011 00:45 #3750 by KevinM

Before it was reprinted, War Ghoul went for $40, easy. Summon History was never in this league.

I encountered a player years ago who sold me all his stuff for cheap and he had amassed two sets of Sabbat and *14 sets* of Sabbat War. I put every single one of those War Ghoul up on eBay, as well as the five I owned, and not a single one sold for less than $35. Some sold for near $50, especially the "3x War Ghoul" auctions I had running.

Conversely, I wanted 10x Summon History for a deck and only owned six. I got the other four for no more than $20 each.

Enkil Cog does have high play value and can be a bit of a "trick", especially with Strike:Combat Ends + untap, but it remains to be seen if it has the staying power of War Ghoul. If VTES isn't republished sometime soon, I'd think that it will.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
25 Apr 2011 01:19 #3751 by echiang

Conversely, I wanted 10x Summon History for a deck and only owned six. I got the other four for no more than $20 each.

Enkil Cog does have high play value and can be a bit of a "trick", especially with Strike:Combat Ends + untap, but it remains to be seen if it has the staying power of War Ghoul. If VTES isn't republished sometime soon, I'd think that it will.

But Kevin, I remember not too long ago when you were saying that Summon History was worth more than Enkil Cog....

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
25 Apr 2011 15:46 #3758 by Ankha
SH should be worth more than EC, just because you need 8 SH at least to run a deck with it.
EC can be swapped from one deck to another, so you shouldn't need more than 3.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds