question-circle Bahari

26 Apr 2011 01:26 #3767 by Count Orlok
Bahari was created by Count Orlok
So with all the emphasis on Baali in Heirs to the Blood and the introduction of the Bahari with Lilith's Blessing, it seems like this is where the next set was headed.

I've done some searching but haven't been able to find much on the Bahari in the Old World of Darkness, so I thought I'd flat out ask what they are. What kind of mechanics could you imagine seeing with them?

More infernal non-Baali vampires? Ways to make vampires infernal? More Maleficia and Striga?

Were these only added to give incentive to play Baali? Were there big plans ahead?

:same: :FOR: :NEC: :THN: :pre: Baron of Berkeley :bl: :cap8:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2011 01:54 - 26 Apr 2011 01:55 #3768 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Bahari

So with all the emphasis on Baali in Heirs to the Blood and the introduction of the Bahari with Lilith's Blessing, it seems like this is where the next set was headed.

I see no evidence in any set that the mechanic from that set was "where the next set was headed."

Were these only added to give incentive to play Baali?

Essentially, yes.

Were there big plans ahead?

Given historical precedent, no.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 26 Apr 2011 01:55 by KevinM.

More
26 Apr 2011 01:57 #3769 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Bahari
The guy writing the storyline (Ben Swainbank) wasn't the guy (L. Scott Johnson) deciding what sets to print or their order.

Storylines followed releases, they didn't foreshadow releases.

There is almost nothing on Bahari in the V:TES background, per Ben's thread on the aftermath .

There's no telling what the next set would have held, but at most there would have been a reward card or two for the Bahari sect. See also the results of earlier storylines: Baltimore Purge in Camarilla Edition, Fiendish Tongue in Anarchs, Reverend Adams as a Ventrue in Twilight Rebellion, etc.

More
26 Apr 2011 18:40 #3791 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Bahari
IIRC, Ben took the basic idea for the Bahari from one of the end-of-world scenarios in the Gehenna book for V:TM. Something about Lilith and the Seven Homeless Guys of the Apocalypse (no, I'm not the one who made that up) forming a new sect designed specifically to help vampires survive Gehenna. Ben was hoping that introducing the Bahari would open up some design space for Soott to use in future sets, as apparently each of the Homeless Guys is old, weird and powerful enough to be a potential bloodline progenitor.

Having written that, I feel like there's probably a musical theater production in there somewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loughman

More
26 Apr 2011 19:10 #3793 by extrala
Replied by extrala on topic Re: Bahari
Some information on the Bahari can be found on this website (www.vtm.kismetrose.com/BahariBrief.html), but I am not sure how much is VtM canon or not ..

More
26 Apr 2011 20:25 #3795 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Bahari
Well Miller has been teaching Bahari in the sabbat ever since sabbat war already. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds