file Fake boosters for draft?

28 Apr 2011 16:56 #3920 by Ashur
How do I go about for drafting "for free"? I have a box of 3rd ed boosters - is there a way to, after a draft, just sleeve all the cards and sort them into new boosters and draft again? Or if you have just shitloads of cards of a certain set - can you do the same, just create boosters for draft? I guess you need some kind of printsheet information.

Thanks in advance.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2011 17:51 #3923 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Fake boosters for draft?
I start by answering myself with a link to a related discussion just 1 year old:
groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/45652638d9b2911/6f028d7dbca47b37?hl=sv&lnk=gst&q=create+boosters#6f028d7dbca47b37

... although that is not exactly what I was after.

Right now I wonder if not just heaps of 1 random rare, 2 random u´s, 3 random vamps and 5 random commons are enough.

Any thoughts?

More
28 Apr 2011 17:51 - 28 Apr 2011 17:55 #3924 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Fake boosters for draft?
You don't exactly need the booster packs to do that. I've heared of people who have made their own draft pools, made the boosters randomly of the cards they own already, packed the boosters to either cheap-as-dirt card sleeves, or didn't bother even packing them, and just drafted. That requires, obviously, someone to plan the pool, but it shouldn't be that hard: Just imagine what you'd get from a box of boosters, roughly, find the needed cards, sort into commons, uncommons, vampires and rares, and build boosters randomly: 1 rare, 3 vampires, 2 uncommons and 5 commons.

This is definitely doable, and I remember reading a blog-like instruction on doing this. Also, I find no need to restrict the cards to come from one set only: KoT would do well with 3rd, and so on.

It's easiest to have someone owning enough cards to provide them, so you don't have to keep track of who owns what. :)

I'd love to try this out once.

Krausedit\\ Yeah, that might've been one of the discussions I read a while back. I can't see why it wouldn't work. :) It's a fun idea. Just keep track of how many cards of a certain type or discipline you use, and don't add too much disciplines many vampires have difficulty of using. I don't think it should be made into rocket science.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 28 Apr 2011 17:55 by Kraus.

More
28 Apr 2011 17:55 #3925 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: Fake boosters for draft?
I start by answering myself with a link to a related discussion just 1 year old:
groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_thread/thread/45652638d9b2911/6f028d7dbca47b37?hl=sv&lnk=gst&q=create+boosters#6f028d7dbca47b37

... although that is not exactly what I was after.

Right now I wonder if not just heaps of 1 random rare, 2 random u´s, 3 random vamps and 5 random commons are enough for a good time.

Any thoughts?

More
28 Apr 2011 20:36 - 28 Apr 2011 20:37 #3932 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Fake boosters for draft?
Have you considered Cube Draft?

anarchfreepress.myzen.co.uk/vtesuk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=842

(Sorry, guess I should have checked your link first.)
Last edit: 28 Apr 2011 20:37 by Adonai.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds