file VEKN VTES Survey

22 Oct 2012 21:14 #39667 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: VEKN VTES Survey

3) How long do you actively play VTES?

I'd suggest less confusing wording.

Such as:
How long have you actively played VTES?

Yes, the English needs to be proofread. Sorry, but there are several (more) minor errors typical of the writing of non-native speakers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2012 21:24 #39668 by david.tatu
Replied by david.tatu on topic Re: VEKN VTES Survey
Should the survey only be in English? Just a thought.

David Tatu
V:EKN Scribe

More
23 Oct 2012 01:31 #39674 by ReverendRevolver
Wouldn't information regarding spending habits on cards be relevant? My wife and I have purchased or traded for at least 7 booster boxes this year alone. if a company is looking at this data with intentions of making money, knowing that even a broke player buys X amount of product could be useful.
Spending on single cards could also be useful. as well as things like number of decks players typically have at any given point, and tendencies that are somewhat unique to vtes, such as buying multiples of things like freak drives in order to keep multiple decks assembled at once without switching cards.

looking into what sorts of expansions players enjoy most would also be useful (independent, cam, sabbat, laibon , bloodlines, anarchs or big sets [kot,sabbat,lob] or smaller expansions [twilight rebellion, soc , httb, ek ] or would like medium sets that are streamlined unlike what's been done so far.

I just think asking the right questions is a good idea, and I kno our community is both opinionated and vocal.

More
23 Oct 2012 05:01 - 23 Oct 2012 17:06 #39676 by Migalart
Replied by Migalart on topic Re: VEKN VTES Survey
1)

I just think asking the right questions is a good idea, and I kno our community is both opinionated and vocal.

I think that there is a place in the survey for a few more questions. Please try to write the questions and answers for the issues you have highlighted

2) David - my opinion is that the survey should be only in english. More options would be much more complicated to collect. Fortunately VTES is not translated so I assume that most players know english on the level to be able to understand the questions.

3) General. I know that english in beta survey is poor. This is not fortunate that marketing gUys ;] are not native speakers. We will have to deal with it anyhow. I have quite a lot of experience in working in english speaking environment, but during last two years my ongoing conntact with english is limited.

I am not going to work with dictionary to write a topic on the forum. I know I will make some mistakes and I accept it. Making some finished and official documents is a different story. Mistakes in the final version can not be tolerated! Wording in the vinal survey must be enhenced.

VEKN Marketing CoDirector
Last edit: 23 Oct 2012 17:06 by Migalart.

More
23 Oct 2012 06:31 #39678 by Hyllan
Replied by Hyllan on topic Re: VEKN VTES Survey
Gender is a rather common question in this sort of survey. From a demographic point of view, it may be of interest. If such a question is included, I'd suggest the "man", "woman" and "other" options.

More
23 Oct 2012 07:18 #39682 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: VEKN VTES Survey

Yes, the English needs to be proofread. Sorry, but there are several (more) minor errors typical of the writing of non-native speakers.

As a ESL speaker myself I tend to make silly mistakes all the time. As well as typos. Should be pretty easy and straightforward thing to have some native english speaker go through to the questionnaire before it is published.

1)This is not fortunate that marketing gays are not native speakers.

Too much information! :P
(Sorry about that -I just had to do it! I'd be totally OK with it and besides everybody makes silly typos, especially with foreign language...)

I think that David has a point with the language.

If the survey is not made with surveymonkey site etc then I guess the countries with larger number of not-that-fluentlly english speaking players could have the NC etc. translate the questions to the local language. If that was deemed necessary. Anything to increase number of replies, eh?

Heck, even with any interface the questions and answers could be translated and distributed separately to relevant playerbase. This way they wouldn't need to be fluent with english at all. Just read the translated questions that were supplied to you in proper order and check the suitable answers.
Then again,, like already said, the game is in english so it is kinda moot point...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds