file Kingston Penitentiary Usage Data?

04 May 2011 10:53 #4123 by Dervish
Hello All,

I've always liked this card, I played in in the release but since then, it never makes the cut. Anyone have anything good to say about it?

Kingston Penitentiary, Ontario
Type: Master
Cost: 4 pool
Master: unique location. Hunting ground.
During your untap phase, you may move 1 blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire you control. Any other Methuselah may give you a pool during his or her untap phase to tap this card to move 1 blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire he or she controls. A vampire can gain blood from only one hunting ground card each turn.

best,
D

More evidence that your deck need not be good in order to win:
thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2011tottco
:THA::OBF::OBE::PRO::CHI::ravn:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2011 11:03 #4124 by Ashur
Never seen it in play. Sad, cause the Owain Evanish mechanic is kind of fun though. I guess 4 pool is too much?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
04 May 2011 11:28 #4126 by KevinM

I've always liked this card, I played in in the release but since then, it never makes the cut. Anyone have anything good to say about it?

Kingston Penitentiary, Ontario
Type: Master
Cost: 4 pool
Master: unique location. Hunting ground.
During your untap phase, you may move 1 blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire you control. Any other Methuselah may give you a pool during his or her untap phase to tap this card to move 1 blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire he or she controls. A vampire can gain blood from only one hunting ground card each turn.

It's an often-include in Parity Shift decks. That's about the only place I've ever seen it played.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
04 May 2011 11:54 - 04 May 2011 11:55 #4127 by extrala
The card is just too expensive imho.
  • If you leave the card untapped in order to get a pool, and nobody is willing to utilize it, you have just lost a turn.
  • It may be a good way to keep you in the game, if one of your crosstable buddies is giving you pool each turn, but for the cost of 4 pool it's going to pay off only after 5 turns. So why spend the 4 pool upfront at all?
I think a good alternative text would be that the controller of the card can the tap card to gain blood on one of his vampires in any untap or discard phase, so that you wouldn't loose a turn if nobody is willing to give you the pool.

I have never seen the card being played iirc.
Last edit: 04 May 2011 11:55 by extrala.

More
04 May 2011 12:13 #4128 by Pascal Bertrand
It's a "burn 1 pool to tap the card and gain 1 blood" effect, which means that more than 1 Methuselah may use it. I say it's usable alongside with Owen. Offer 2 blood for 1 pool.

More
04 May 2011 13:00 #4129 by Ankha

It's a "burn 1 pool to tap the card and gain 1 blood" effect, which means that more than 1 Methuselah may use it. I say it's usable alongside with Owen. Offer 2 blood for 1 pool.

No, it's "burn 1 pool to tap the card TO gain 1 pool".

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds