file Kingston Penitentiary Usage Data?

04 May 2011 13:30 - 04 May 2011 13:30 #4130 by Pascal Bertrand

It's a "burn 1 pool to tap the card and gain 1 blood" effect, which means that more than 1 Methuselah may use it. I say it's usable alongside with Owen. Offer 2 blood for 1 pool.

No, it's "burn 1 pool to tap the card TO gain 1 pool".

I knew waking up early wasn't a good idea :(
Last edit: 04 May 2011 13:30 by Pascal Bertrand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2011 14:38 #4132 by Adonai

The card is just too expensive imho.
*If you leave the card untapped in order to get a pool, and nobody is willing to utilize it, you have just lost a turn.

No, you never lose a turn.

During your untap phase, you may move 1 blood from the blood bank to a ready vampire you control.

It always acts as a hunting ground for the person that put it in play/controls it.

It is an opportunity for you to control things like Restricted Vitae/Thirst, and for you to siphon pool from your prey because they don't want their own prey to have blood on their blocking vampires....

(Not saying that it is good, but it doesn't have the downside you've stated.)

More
04 May 2011 14:45 - 04 May 2011 14:47 #4134 by extrala

The card is just too expensive imho.
*If you leave the card untapped in order to get a pool, and nobody is willing to utilize it, you have just lost a turn.

No, you never lose a turn.

He who can read card text is mighty .. I stand corrected, makes the card slightly less bad.
Last edit: 04 May 2011 14:47 by extrala.

More
04 May 2011 14:49 #4135 by elotar
Math is smth like this:

2 pool for hunting ground (generic, which is good, but HG, which is not so good)

2 pool for "gain 1 pool sometimes" effect.

You need at least 3 such "sometimes" to get profit.
"Sometimes" may, imo, happen only if said metusela got vamp with no blood and does't want to hunt. In half cases it will be your prey or predator, so you will suffer more, than you gain, so for real profit you need 7-8 such "sometimes".

So it's very unlikely.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
04 May 2011 15:35 #4137 by Wedge
It does help make the get to four players more rapidly.
Sadly, it is likely you will be the first to go. I do wonder if House of Sorrow or that new end combat location make make it more playable.

In my experience, no one will pay you for it unless it helps them oust.

More
04 May 2011 15:47 - 04 May 2011 15:49 #4138 by TorranceCircle
I've only seen this card played a few times, sometimes by me, but the real problem with this card, as I see it, is that you have no control over who usess it. For example, the few times I've seen it played it was left unused by other methuselahs until that one turn when they needed a blood so they would not have to hunt. Then, they proceed to bleed you for three for the oust. Or something else that sets them up for the GW. I seem to remember this happening 50% of the time. 4 pool is too much to pay when that lack of control comes with it. Owain gives you control and this creates bargaining options for you. I could see it having some value for a parity shift deck but other than that it is a real gamble to put on the table, IMHO.

edit: I wonder if it appears in the TWD? If so how many times?
Last edit: 04 May 2011 15:49 by TorranceCircle.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds