file playing with a randomized selection of decks

29 Nov 2012 07:11 #41987 by mirddes
does anyone enjoy this?

5 players each picking from a selection of unknown decks

does anyone do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2012 08:56 #41999 by Kiddo
Unknown? nope. but we as a group tend to play with different decks from different authors and owners, in order to spice things up and get better accustomed with different decks (ones you wouldn't play normally). We also tend to avoid to many same archetypes in a single game (mainly, anything more than 2 block decks we avoid).

More
29 Nov 2012 09:03 #42000 by Juggernaut1981
I've done it sometimes. We rarely decide to do it, but we have done it before. Often each player just sticks in a deck of their choice and each player draws a crypt card unsleeved at random. It isn't commonly done at all.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
29 Nov 2012 10:04 #42005 by DeathInABottle
I sometimes ask my prey to pick a number between one and five, and then play the corresponding deck. "Choose your fate!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
29 Nov 2012 17:40 #42029 by Jeff Kuta
Typically players want to play the decks they design. There are only so many opportunities each person actually has to sit down at a game table. Sometimes our players are bored with their selections and borrow decks. I think that is probably a common experience, especially if someone has a relatively well-tuned deck (often after acquiring all the necessary moving parts by trading/cornering the market locally).

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
30 Nov 2012 05:26 #42040 by TorranceCircle
In L.A. sometime back there was a tournament in which Mike and Robert (Las Leyendas de Los Angeles!) put together several decks based around specific clans and we drew them randomly. I found it to be quite fun. Another time there was a release tournament for the laibon clans where we were given one of the four starters by picking the deck out of a brown paper bag, sight unseen. I thought this was fun too.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds