file Puzzle: Bringing out an 11-cap on turn 1?

16 Dec 2012 22:27 #43009 by Ira
Here's a puzzle:

At a 5 player table, is it theoretically possible for anyone to bring out an 11-cap on their first turn? If so, how, and which players can do it?

I'm pretty sure it's possible for players 4 and 5, but I can't figure out if it's possible for players 1, 2, or 3. I'm pretty sure it's impossible for player 1, and probably player 2 also.

Enjoy!

Ira

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2012 23:19 - 16 Dec 2012 23:19 #43011 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
It can be done from the 2nd seat using only 1 of the 2 available transfers.

Player 2 must be playing Sutekh and she must receive from help from a friendly (or stupid) predator :blink:

Player 1: Master: House of Sorrow. Pass turn.

Player 2: Master: Parthenon.
Player 2: Tap Parthenon for second MPA.
Player 2: Second Master: Eternals of Siruis, move 5 blood onto Sutekh
Player 1: Tap House of Sorrow, targeting Player 2's Parthenon
Player 2: Tap Parthenon for third MPA.
Player 2: Third Master: Eternals of Siruis, move 5 blood onto Sutekh (again)
Player 2: Transfer 1 onto Sukekh gaining control of a 1st turn 11 cap (from seat 2).

If you tried this with Zillah's Valley and Arika, the player must be in the third seat to successfully get Arika into play on turn 1.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2012 23:19 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple.

More
17 Dec 2012 00:19 - 17 Dec 2012 00:20 #43012 by Ira
Cool idea, but unfortunately it doesn't work because House of Sorrow can only target cards you control.

House of Sorrow
1 pool
Master: unique location.
Tap to untap any card you control that is not a minion. If you do so, neither that card nor this location untap as normal on your next untap phase

Ira
Last edit: 17 Dec 2012 00:20 by Ira.

More
17 Dec 2012 00:37 #43013 by echiang
You can do it with Player 3 (or 4 or 5) if Players 1 and 2 are using Malkavian weenies + Malkavian Dementia + Reversal of Fortunes tricks to constantly take turns between them. Once you have enough minions you can call a bunch of Honor the Elders for Players 3, 4, and 5.

You'd probably want to start with Player 1 playing an Info Highway to influence out a 2 or 3-cap Malkavian. Player 2 then plays Malkavian Dementia and calls a Reversal of Fortunes. Etc. Then during Player 1's next turn, he calls another Reversal of Fortunes.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
17 Dec 2012 00:46 - 17 Dec 2012 00:50 #43014 by echiang
Other ways for Player 3 to bring out an 11-cap:

Player 1 plays Last Stand and influences out a 1-cap. Player 2 ousts himself with Secret Horde (X = 30).

Player 1 takes an extra turn. Plays the Parthenon and gives it to Player 3 (his 1-cap calls Disputed Territory).

Player 3 now has 2 master phases to play 2 Eternals of Sirius. Or Tomb of Rameses + Information Highway.

Alternatively, if Player 2 can Malkavian Dementia Player 1's weenie Malk, he can also play a Rumors of Gehenna to give Player 3 (and everyone else) a second master phase action. Though in that case you'd probably need the 2 Eternals for Player 3.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
Last edit: 17 Dec 2012 00:50 by echiang.

More
17 Dec 2012 00:52 - 17 Dec 2012 00:53 #43015 by Ira

You can do it with Player 3 (or 4 or 5) if Players 1 and 2 are using Malkavian weenies + Malkavian Dementia + Reversal of Fortunes tricks to constantly take turns between them. Once you have enough minions you can call a bunch of Honor the Elders for Players 3, 4, and 5.

You'd probably want to start with Player 1 playing an Info Highway to influence out a 2 or 3-cap Malkavian. Player 2 then plays Malkavian Dementia and calls a Reversal of Fortunes. Etc. Then during Player 1's next turn, he calls another Reversal of Fortunes.

Ah, yes! And instead of Reversal of Fortunes tricks, you could just call Rumors of Gehenna naming everyone. (edit: As I see you already realized.)

The Last Stand + Secret Horde example is very clever!

But no way for Player 2 to do it, right? Only players 3-5. I thought maybe something with Jake Washington from Player 1, but I don't think there's anything.

Ira
Last edit: 17 Dec 2012 00:53 by Ira.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds