file Vtes a long time ago...

29 Dec 2012 19:34 #43436 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Vtes a long time ago...

we will have a limit of four equal cards per deck and towerdecks (200-300 cards), and last but not least there will be no limited useage of vampires within the crypt (12+) except that no vampire may be used more than once per crypt.

Those are some baffling decisions, completely contrary to the design of the game, but if you enjoy it, more power to you.

Given the limit to equal cards per deck it would be perfect to have a good base of different cards for all sorts of actions, what booster displays will serve the best in this regard?

Any of the base sets.
Jyhad / VTES / Sabbat / Sabbat War / Camarilla Edition / Third Edition / Keepers of Tradition

For now I have decided to stay with Camarilla/Sabbat based Displays beginning with Jyhad (booster display), Black Hand (booster display), Gehenna (booster display), Sword of Caine (Im not sure about this mini Expansion) and Keepers of the Tradition (starter display).

Is this a valid choice, or is there a high amount of reprinted cards in those releases?

The starters will be almost complete reprints except for the vampires, the vampires and library cards in the sets you mention won't overlap.

The sets that were 'expansions' only, didn't have any reprints in the boosters. Those sets that are 'base' sets will have reprints and some will overlap the cards introduced in earlier expansions.

If I can get a grip on Tenth Aniversary and/or Blood Shadowed Court will those blend into my former choice?

Blood Shadowed Court will work well, the more Camarilla sect cards you have the better it will work. The 10th Anniversary vampires are an exact reprint of the Jyhad vampires, so mostly a waste of money if you're buying Jyhad anyway.

Will the Sabbat expansions (Gehenna/Black Hand) give me sufficient amounts of playable cards without the Sabbat War Base Set or can I use the "Third Edition" for this purpose (if im able to get my hands on a booster display of it)?

Third Edition would give you plenty of useful cards for the Sabbat vampires. Gehenna has Sabbat vampires, but very little as far as Sabbat specific library cards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2012 21:30 #43440 by Adonai

Second Edition started with the Camarilla Edition,

I've always been under the assumption that 3rd Edition was named because it was the 3rd core set for Sabbat (Sabbat being the "1st" and Sabbat War being the 2nd"). Probably just my silly faulty reasoning...

Yes, poorly naming sets has been a problem.
See also: Jyhad....

See also the marketing story for Third Edition:

White Wolf's eleventh expansion for Vampire: The Eternal Struggle is a stand-alone base set. It is called Third Edition (after the Camarilla Edition, which is reckoned as the second edition).

Third Edition didn't make any significant rules changes.
Camarilla Edition is where the revolution really took place.

More
30 Dec 2012 10:06 #43463 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Vtes a long time ago...

If I can get a grip on Tenth Aniversary and/or Blood Shadowed Court will those blend into my former choice?

If you play just "friendly" games (ie. non-official tournament games) with mates you can always opt to ignore the grouping rule.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
30 Dec 2012 12:48 #43466 by Innuendo
You all were of great help and got me involved again, and Adonai, you saved the day.

After intense reading sessions I feel confident with my newly aquired knowledge.

Are there any news about printing on demand by DriveThruCards, it would be a great help?

I wish you a happy new year!

Innuendo

P.S.: If you have any hints or tips left just write them in here, I will gladly read them.

More
30 Dec 2012 17:03 #43470 by Adonai

Are there any news about printing on demand by DriveThruCards, it would be a great help?

None has been released since the initial announcement.
Glaciers will move faster than the corporations involved in the intellectual property side of the process, especially for the tiny amount of money to be made as profit by either one as predicted by the survey done by the marketing team at VEKN.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds