file DQ, what it means. Proposal: W for Withdrawal from tournament

30 May 2011 14:21 #4773 by librarian
I see in tournament reports people receiving DQ (DisQualified) status. Typically, the DQ is because the player leaves after some round or another. Seems like there should be a difference between a DQ for rules infractiona, and a voluntary withdrawal from the tournament. Particularly if someday the DQ is implemented like it is in other games - for instance being barred from any VEKN events for a period of time (I think they have done that on the Magic Pro Tour).

That said, I realize when someone withdraws from a tournament, it does cause disruptions. But should it carry the same penalty as someone who is discovered to be a cheater?

So my proposal is DQ remains for people who are involuntarily asked to leave a tournament, and a W (Withdrawal) is added as a new status for folks who voluntarily leave a tournament.

(We could use something besides W, if there could be any type of confusion with the in-game meaning of Withdrawal).

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2011 15:23 #4778 by Joscha
I'm with you. Let's do it.

Although I never felt it'd be a problem. I never saw someone really get disqualified.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
31 May 2011 01:46 #4790 by Juggernaut1981
A for Abandoned Play.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
31 May 2011 04:48 #4791 by KevinM

I see in tournament reports people receiving DQ (DisQualified) status. Typically, the DQ is because the player leaves after some round or another. Seems like there should be a difference between a DQ for rules infractiona, and a voluntary withdrawal from the tournament. Particularly if someday the DQ is implemented like it is in other games - for instance being barred from any VEKN events for a period of time (I think they have done that on the Magic Pro Tour).

That said, I realize when someone withdraws from a tournament, it does cause disruptions. But should it carry the same penalty as someone who is discovered to be a cheater?

So my proposal is DQ remains for people who are involuntarily asked to leave a tournament, and a W (Withdrawal) is added as a new status for folks who voluntarily leave a tournament.

(We could use something besides W, if there could be any type of confusion with the in-game meaning of Withdrawal).

Chris

This is already covered by the Archon. It distinguishes between the different kinds of DQs.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds