file What was your first starter?

13 Jun 2011 17:56 - 13 Jun 2011 17:58 #5077 by TorranceCircle
Double DJ mentioned in a post that when he started playing, he bought a couple of starters at a friend's new store. Also, the deck mash-up challenge has always put forth that buying two pre-con decks and mashing them together is a good way to get started as a new player.

I bought a Toreador :tore: (Camarilla edition) starter and a Toreador Antitribu !tore! (black hand) starter. My first deck was a terrible toolbox Tore Anti !tore! deck that was the classic newbie "stay alive but never oust" type deck. For a second deck, I traded some of the vamps from the Toreador :tore: (CE) deck for more type 1-2 vamps and was given a Mariana Gilbert By Mike Courtois to round it out. It is an old school Toreador :tore: deck which I still love to play (even though I haven't played it much lately).

So, what were /was your first starter deck/s?
Last edit: 13 Jun 2011 17:58 by TorranceCircle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2011 18:07 #5078 by Pendargon
My first deck came out of two Keeper of traditions Toreador starters ( I started playing just when Kot came out... well, actually a little earlier, but i held my purchases until the KoT Starters hit the stores), enhanced by a couple of cards that my already-playing-friends-which-hooked-me-up gave me (DoubleDJ and Megabaja from these forums amongst others). I guess it was also a standard "Never die, gazilion intercept/wake/magnum combat" deck for newbies.

From there on, i managed to get my hands on 4 3rd edition Tzimitze starters (Since then, they were my favourite clan from the FRP), and the ball rolled downhill from there... I was hooked B)

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
13 Jun 2011 18:11 #5080 by jhattara
:camarilla: Camarilla Edition :bruj: Brujah was my first. Second I bought :camarilla: Camarilla Edition :tore: Toreador. Today I own at least one copy of each and every pre-constructed starter and at least two copies of each since :vtes: Third Edition.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
13 Jun 2011 18:52 #5082 by Trochomancy
Jyhad starter. Totally unplayable with random card & crypt selection but I still remember going through the cards first time and wondering how cool looking the art was compared to Mtg :)

More
13 Jun 2011 19:03 #5083 by Juggernaut1981
Two CE Brujah starters... I cobbled together some bits and pieces with others and bought boosters. It was amusingly irritating at staying alive, which I think has become a fairly formative part of my general play.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
13 Jun 2011 19:15 #5084 by Mephistopheles
Anarch Baron and I loved playing it.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds