file A 5th Deck

30 Jun 2011 03:50 #5624 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: A 5th Deck

The next box of starters you should get should be determined by your interest or the interest of your players. If you have an interest in independent vampires in the RPG, go LotN. If you have an interest in Camarilla vampires in the RPG, go Keepers of Tradition. It will be easier to buy boosters that support the independent vampires than it will be to buy boosters that support the Camarilla vampires. To best support the Keepers of Tradition vampires, you will want to look at acquiring a played collection.

This is great advice. Think about the clans you like most or are the most interested in playing. Either box of starters,together with the sabbat decks you have, will give you enough cards to put together 7-8 decks for play.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2011 10:10 #5639 by MaxO
Replied by MaxO on topic Re: A 5th Deck
Thankyou for the replies!

I'd imagine i'll go for the LotN starters when I get some more money, as I'm a big fan of both the FoS and the Ravnos. As it turns out, there is a playgroup near Nottingham, so if the game fails to take off in amongst my friends, atleast i'll have a fall back - hell, I'd imagine i'll end up going to both.

Yours,

Max

More
06 Jul 2011 09:43 #5924 by Lemminkäinen
Replied by Lemminkäinen on topic Re: A 5th Deck

I agree that the vamps in lords of night starters are fine.

The Ravnos are quite unoptimal though, with Vassily Taltos and Durga Syn having bad discipline spreads for their cost. Not unplayable, but I would say that Ravnos have the worst crypt out of the more recent starters (LoB and onwards).

More
06 Jul 2011 11:21 #5930 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: A 5th Deck

The next box of starters you should get should be determined by your interest or the interest of your players. If you have an interest in independent vampires in the RPG, go LotN. If you have an interest in Camarilla vampires in the RPG, go Keepers of Tradition. It will be easier to buy boosters that support the independent vampires than it will be to buy boosters that support the Camarilla vampires. To best support the Keepers of Tradition vampires, you will want to look at acquiring a played collection.

This is great advice. Think about the clans you like most or are the most interested in playing. Either box of starters,together with the sabbat decks you have, will give you enough cards to put together 7-8 decks for play.

I was really disappointed in the LotN starters as a new player. The Assamites suck (what else is new?), the Ravnos are missing their basic CHI cards, and the Giovanni don't have spiritual intervention or Govern. The FoS are the only ones good at ousting.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds