question-circle New format during EC 2015 in Poland - discussion

26 Jan 2015 15:21 #68882 by Szewski
Hi, I have a question.
I have and idea to run something new for the Players which are not participating in LCQ.

It's "3 decks stand".

Rules:
1. every player have to register 3 decks
2. before every round player chose one deck and play with them, this deck can't be played during another round.
3. Finalist chose his deck before sitting - and choses from whole pile of 3 decks.
4. The tournament will be sanctioned like any regular tournament.

OFC we can mix this rules with Nations Rules.

What do You think?

Regards
Szewski

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2015 07:25 #68894 by Nictuku
i can support this format. sounds good.

More
27 Jan 2015 09:45 #68899 by Pendargon
It is fun, but what will it bring?
If players have access to other player decklists, it would add a level of strategy. Otherwise, it is a guessing game, or not at all different from standard bring-one-deck tournament

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel, self biased

More
27 Jan 2015 12:58 #68900 by Szewski
first of all my asumption is to give all the players whit qualify something new and different so more of them will join this kind of tournament not LCQ

secondly: lots of players have more than one deck ready to play but with a lack of tournaments in their area they dont have the opportunity to play with them all

thirdly: options with the decklists is good to consider but I think that strategical aproach will be more before the final when the finalist will chose decks during seating.

But this is only the idea. I think that we can mix this up with the Natons Cup as well. And others ideas if their will come
So, lets talk :)

Regards
Szewski

More
27 Jan 2015 20:53 #68906 by Silmegil
I like this option very much. We have tried it in local tournament and it can be very enjoyable.

More
28 Jan 2015 11:12 #68913 by Ashur

Rules:
1. every player have to register 3 decks
2. before every round player chose one deck and play with them, this deck can't be played during another round.
3. Finalist chose his deck before sitting - and choses from whole pile of 3 decks.
4. The tournament will be sanctioned like any regular tournament.

Fun, it makes player skill more obvious than bad luck metagame choice.

But have you considered the deck-swap format? (You bring one deck, leave it to the judge, who distributes all decks randomly among the participants - then you get VPs for both your deck´s success and your success playing. Finalists play their own deck in the final. I really would like to try this!)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds