file Two levels of the game

29 Nov 2016 12:48 #79345 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Two levels of the game

I have a question:

If the game has so many problems and there are so many barriers to atract new players, how can you explain the number of tournaments that take place in Brazil where they have REAL problems to get the printed cards?

I would say that despite of the issues the game might have (card availability, learning curve etc.) they might be doing something very well and in the rest of the world we might be doing something very wrong.

Maybe we should learn a little bit of them, instead of making VTES look like Pokemon.

That's a very good point, and I think that Ginés, the new chairman, has some announcement about it :)

www.vekn.net/forum/generic-v-tes-discussion/75390-two-levels-of-the-game/79344

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2016 13:32 #79348 by cordovader
Replied by cordovader on topic Two levels of the game

how can you explain the number of tournaments that take place in Brazil where they have REAL problems to get the printed cards?

Made some research. Looks not so bright:

Brasilian NC 2015 - 43 players
Brasilian NC 2016 - 31 players

SAC 2015:
last chance 37
championship - 35
side event(?) - 21

SAC 2016:
last chance - 16
championship 15

Yea, they got several active playgroups wich organize tournaments very often. But it looks like it's the same 10-15 players each time. They just started later, so initial enthusiasm still holds (not everywhere, thou - as I understand playgroup in Rio is already in torpor), other places also struggling to get 10 people e t.s.

You should maybe candidate for chairman yourself. You seem to have answers for all questions...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad

More
29 Nov 2016 13:33 #79349 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Two levels of the game

In VtES new player will meet everything at once, topped then with much more complicated and nuanesed gameplay.

I proposed a solution for this, introducing two formats for the game instead of one, but you sure teared that idea into shreds. I have no idea what you´re after really, except whining.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
29 Nov 2016 13:36 #79350 by elotar

I might remember wrong but I do seem to recall you being very vocal about allowing proxies some years ago when you made your first appearance in this forum. The reasoning, IIRC, was that "local players can't access enough Villeins, we must allow proxies."

You remembering everything right - I was totally for allowing proxies because, especially at original text of villein, it was the right one. It still it's, it's just a little late.

By now players kind of get used to play with bad decks, some gentlemen agreement of "competitive players" not to bring power also helps. (You can check my NC deck for the lolz). So most of players don't want to bother.

But i think those agreement is void now, so they'll ask for proxies eventually :)

More
29 Nov 2016 13:38 #79351 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Two levels of the game

And I tell you again - your two kids maybe is a world for you, but not for anybody else. It it's totally not a universal situation, exactly opposite of universal I would say.

What kind of data do you expect elotar, except anecdotal? Should I demand ID from players? We hade a 12 year old player in the Swedish Nationals this year, who played in english and got victory points. But that´s just another totally unbelievable anecdote, right?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
29 Nov 2016 13:59 #79353 by elotar

What kind of data do you expect elotar...

I think we are still here

Have you seen rules questions subforum? There are at the time 1268 topics with 9679 replies and new ones are still coming.

Of which 75 % are totally stupid, clarifying things that are totally obvious to any thinking person.

Please, provide some basis on which you now called authors of 951 questions (hundred+ fellow players) stupid (unthinking persons?) or withdraw this accusation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds