file First game ever!

09 Jan 2017 07:30 #80054 by rjohnson83
First game ever! was created by rjohnson83
I played my first game tonight. There were only three of us, but it was still alot of fun. The other two had played only once before, so we all were sort of teaching each other. Along with our rule books, I had printed out some copies of the new player cheat sheet off of VTES One. They were SO fricken helpful. I played the Tzimisce starter from 3rd edition. My friends used the Tremere and the Toreodor starters from Black Hand. The Tzimisce starter was a blast to play. It had a little bit of everything. Once the Toreodor deck got started, it became pretty scary. She ended up blowing through her pool and the Tremere killed her off. The Toreodor had beat the snot out of me, so the Tremere ended up finishing me off for the win. Really fun game. My friends really enjoyed it too. Can't wait to get to play again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Brum, Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2017 08:26 #80055 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic First game ever!
Hello and thanks for your testimony.
For the old folks, it is good to see new people entering the game and enjoying it right out of the first Untap Phase.

Where are you guys from? Do you know if you have a playgroup there?

Cheers!
Brum

More
09 Jan 2017 08:53 #80056 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic First game ever!
I do dare to suggest that instead of relying on the printed rulebook that comes with starter deck (just in case you were using one) you use the one on this site since it is the only one that is up to date.

It can also be printed... :)

www.vekn.net/rulebook

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
09 Jan 2017 17:12 #80063 by rjohnson83
Replied by rjohnson83 on topic First game ever!
We're from the Decatur/Huntsville area of Alabama. Not sure if there is a play group here. I've got a bunch of friends who LARP in the MES, so it was easy to talk them into playing lol

More
09 Jan 2017 17:14 #80064 by rjohnson83
Replied by rjohnson83 on topic First game ever!
I did print out the rule book from VENK. We ended up just using the little rule books because it was quicker lol. Once we get familiar with the basic stuff we'll rely more on the updated rules.

More
10 Jan 2017 12:10 #80095 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic First game ever!

I did print out the rule book from VENK. We ended up just using the little rule books because it was quicker lol. Once we get familiar with the basic stuff we'll rely more on the updated rules.

Right ho!
I always been annoyed by the small size of the rulebooks that come with the starters and certainly prefer the A4 size. I think that a while ago someone (Ke?) did the layouts for the online rulebook to make it look nice and the file is floating somewhere.

Out of curiosity, which starter did the rulebook come from?
If it was from particularily old set there have been some changes to the rules after the publication so my biggest fear is that you learn the old out of date rules...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds