file How Many Bricks of Boosters

09 May 2017 20:36 #81828 by sigil
Suppose you wanted all the cards. Suppose you wanted at least one from each set. How many boxes of boosters do you think you would need? Which set would you need to most? Which one would you need the least?

Shooting from the hip, I think you can get everything Dark Sovereigns in one booster brick.

I have no idea how many it would take for Ancient Hearts. My guess would be a dozen.

What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2017 08:23 - 10 May 2017 08:23 #81832 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic How Many Bricks of Boosters
What is a booster brick?

The packing choices are:
Single booster
Display of 36 boosters (With original WotC Sabbat 24, but these were bigger boosters).
Case of 10 displays.

No bricks in VTES.
Do you mean displays?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 10 May 2017 08:23 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
10 May 2017 08:25 #81833 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic How Many Bricks of Boosters
The original question is somewhat unrelevant as it would be rather hard to come by some of the sets in large enough quantities.

Sold out = sold out but you can, of course, have luck in finding some displays in the 2nd hand aftermarket.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
10 May 2017 16:38 #81837 by sigil
Replied by sigil on topic How Many Bricks of Boosters
Yes, display is the formal word. I was using local slang. My apologies. So what do you think? How many displays of each of the sets are needed to get one of each card?

More
10 May 2017 19:17 - 10 May 2017 19:27 #81838 by Trochomancy
Someone better in math could do the number crunching but main issue with collecting all the card by buying displays is their rarity. It would be much easier to buy someone's collection than hunt in eBay for years to accumulate enough out of print displays for the task.

It also depends how big the set was by number of cards and how good or bad the distribution was. If I remember correctly (quite a while since last time there was new boosters to open) two displays from 150-190 cards set would give you about one copy of all cards. Nights of Reckoning set was so small (60 cards) that you could get all cards you ever need from that set by just having one display. Then there were the big sets with over 300 cards and it took years to buy/trade the cards you were looking. From KoT some of the new commons were harder to pull than rares and I am still looking one common from that set. It is more expensive in 2nd market than most of the rares in game.

KoT would be still good and important set to get. Finding two copies of same pre constructed starter would be excellent starting point for the game.

Some numbers about sets
sites.google.com/site/vtesnewbie/vtes-buyers-guide
vtesone.wordpress.com/2015/11/06/vtes-history-rarity-distribution-in-jyhad-boosters/
Last edit: 10 May 2017 19:27 by Trochomancy.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds