file Alternative print options for the future?

10 May 2018 08:22 #86717 by GreyB
Just finished a bulk order from drivethrucards for our group and can't help wondering.

Does Black Chantry have an exclusive deal with drivethrucards or can you guys also make deals with european based print services? Or south american, asian, african and oceania print service for that matter.

In any case, for world wide domination, I think it would help a great deal to get shipping costs and import VAT down for non North American countries.

Perhaps drivethrucards have plans to startup shop in other continents as well?

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2018 12:17 #86732 by Lönkka

Just finished a bulk order from drivethrucards for our group and can't help wondering.

Out of curiosity, hat kind of numbers are we talking about here since it is condidered bulk?

Just curious about the numbers, that's all...

I would assume that costs involved setting up such operation would be so massive that there is NO WAY that VTES sales could support it.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
10 May 2018 12:46 - 10 May 2018 13:01 #86735 by GreyB

Out of curiosity, hat kind of numbers are we talking about here since it is condidered bulk?

Just curious about the numbers, that's all...

Our group ordered 54 bundles, I consider that bulk since I am not a business ;P
I am also afraid we did not serve all interrested, only those who responded in our whatsapp group (10 people).

Our projected total cost after shipping costs + import VAT would be around $1700, which is around $31.50 (€26.42) per bundle.

I would assume that costs involved setting up such operation would be so massive that there is NO WAY that VTES sales could support it.

Could be a partnership, there are several printers in europe that print CCG format cards, found a few in the UK.

www.gamesandprint.co.uk/gpgames.htm
cardcreator.personalisedplayingcards.com/
www.ivorygraphics.co.uk/

Currently shipping costs is a hurdle for customers. Doubt it's a big hurdle for veteran VTES players, but it might be big enough to scare off potential new players.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength
Last edit: 10 May 2018 13:01 by GreyB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
10 May 2018 16:06 #86738 by Jazzbeaux
The shipping costs are definitely off putting!
Also the fact that there could be Import Taxes on top.

So a reasonably priced Bundle for $24, or around £17.75 rapidly rises in cost.

Sam

More
11 May 2018 02:33 #86755 by ReverendRevolver
We just got back in print. I'm certain there are gears turning to accommodate the entire continent of Europe in a more cost effective way. Remember when we had to essentially dumpster dive through what CCP still had when we went OOP and W&N serviced one side of the pond and RoseTatu the other? Itll get sorted out.
I recall other players in the 'States complaining about DHL shipping and my reply basically being "we haven't had new cards printed in how long and now you're bitching about having to go to EC or pay lots of shipping?"
I'm most concerned with the Brazilian playerbase, as they haven't chimed in about shipping.

Something will make these more affordable. This is just the start of production. If no announcement happen by the EC, then start to panic.

More
11 May 2018 07:51 #86764 by Lönkka

We just got back in print. I'm certain there are gears turning to accommodate the entire continent of Europe in a more cost effective way. Remember when we had to essentially dumpster dive through what CCP still had when we went OOP and W&N serviced one side of the pond and RoseTatu the other? Itll get sorted out.

Something will make these more affordable. This is just the start of production. If no announcement happen by the EC, then start to panic.

That has also been my thought on this matter.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds