file Scarce Rule - Abolish It!

15 May 2018 16:48 #86927 by Cat_in_Exile
Personally, I'm not in favor of making any changes to the Scarce rule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talonz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2018 17:45 #86930 by KzArashi
Replied by KzArashi on topic Scarce Rule - Abolish It!

Make it only about your own minions. So no need to pay because someone else is using the same clan.

I agree with this. Randomly screwing up other players who happen to be playing same clan is not cool in my books.

I do agree too. If to maintain the scarce rule the ideal would to restrict that to only your minions.

Priest of Rio de Janeiro
:sabbat: !malk! :cel: :obt: :AUS: :OBF: :DEM: :cap7:

My blog: Portal Distant Kingdoms
Facebook: Distant Kingdoms
Youtube: Distant Shore

More
16 May 2018 12:07 #86963 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Scarce Rule - Abolish It!

Lönkka's suggestion is a valid one.

Actually it was Vincent (Anhka) or someone else (too?) who already suggested it previously in Facebook...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 May 2018 16:53 #86995 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Scarce Rule - Abolish It!

You'll most definitely have to keep the 3 pool rule for each of YOUR scarce vampires though. It's a very important balance factor.

Is there any evidence to suggest that it is an important balance factor?

We played the bloodlines storyline with no scarce rule and the only thing bad about that environment was Lilith's Blessing, well, and that Mistrust was tech in the environment.

Trujah become that much more common and you get even more of "take 2 agg at the beginning of the round" and "play this card from your discard pile that you don't meet the requirements for". Salubri start Renewing each other like crazy somewhat more than paying 3 extra pool causes (well, more, when you get Banished). Neither sounds like a more appealing game; on the other hand, it's easy to overreact to what's possible rather than what's likely to actually matter. In both cases, still playing particular decks that can be metagamed against, if so desired, or that don't necessarily cause more annoyances than what's already possible in the game.

Meanwhile, Nagaraja, which have nothing going for them of consequence as a clan at this time may become something that someone plays as a clan. Where scarce enforces massive constraints on deck possibilities that are viable, limiting what gets played competitively, without it, can open variety of possibilities that aren't played currently.

Maybe just limiting scarce to yourself is the better answer today, but what's sad is that scarce existing also led to highly unbalanced effects within the scarcie disciplines and made Nagaraja indistinct as a clan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel

More
16 May 2018 23:15 #87017 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic Scarce Rule - Abolish It!
Is this really an issue? OP is worried that someone might play the same scarce clan as him? Really? Pfft.

More
17 May 2018 10:53 #87055 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Changing the rule to worry only about your vampires would be very cool

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds