file VEKN Discord server

21 Jul 2018 21:45 #89178 by Snodig
Replied by Snodig on topic VEKN Discord server
Sure did. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Snodig
  • Snodig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Methuselah
  • Methuselah
  • Prince of Kristiansund, Norway
More
22 Jul 2018 12:35 - 22 Jul 2018 12:36 #89186 by jozxyqk
Replied by jozxyqk on topic VEKN Discord server
Hi all. Josh, aka jozxyqk, aka OssianGrr, here.

"tornsignpost" is my discord server. Not originally created for on-topic VTES discussion, despite its name.
But since the IRC channel was drying up after ~15 years, and I already had the discord lying around, I created the #vtes channel and started pulling people over there.
That was absolutely coincidental with the announcement from Black Chantry a few weeks after I did this, with the news that the game was coming back into official print again. I had no insider knowledge on that.
So there is slightly more on-topic discussion than before.
Gramle is a VTES info bot, based on cardbot and beerbot before him. Feel free to try him out.
DiceRoller is another bot (which I didn't write) which does what it says on the tin.

I've been reluctant to share the invite link myself on public forums just because I'm paranoid about spammers and bots and trolls, but if you're a cool person I won't kickban you.

Meanwhile you'll notice there are other channels on the server, and maybe I'll even convince some of you to play non-vtes games with me on tabletop simulator sometime or something. :)

Hope it all goes well.
Last edit: 22 Jul 2018 12:36 by jozxyqk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snodig

More
22 Jul 2018 13:50 #89187 by Snodig
Replied by Snodig on topic VEKN Discord server
Thanks, Josh.
Sorry about exposing your treehouse, but it’s nice to have a real-time discussion arena.
If the mods (or whoever) need help setting up a server in a more official capacity, I’d be happy to help (and I’m sure others would too).

• Snodig
  • Snodig's Avatar Topic Author
  • Methuselah
  • Methuselah
  • Prince of Kristiansund, Norway
More
22 Jul 2018 13:53 #89188 by jozxyqk
It's fine. I'm happy to oblige. No need to splinter the community over multiple servers (although self-biased has created his own separate server just for setting up Lackey games).
I'm just giving a little bit of background, and was explaining why I haven't blasted the discord URL everywhere where any internet denizen could see it. It is probably not going to cause any problems, and the more the merrier :)

More
25 Jul 2018 17:41 #89332 by Accessdenied
Replied by Accessdenied on topic VEKN Discord server
Is there a newer link to the discord channel? The link in an earlier post didn't work.

More
25 Jul 2018 17:43 #89333 by jozxyqk
Here's another 24 hour invite; vekn forums have proven to be relatively spamtroll-free:
discord.gg/aUyVnf

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds