file Do reflex cards actually need to be a card type?

23 Jul 2018 02:14 #89206 by self biased
reflex cards are very, very specific in their use: Reflex cards can be used by a minion to cancel a specific kind of card played against them. but how does that stack up to how reflex cards work in the environment?

the overwhelming majority of Reflex cards use Abombwe, and cancel Frenzy cards. a few require other disciplines and cancel grapple cards.

But I feel like they don't actually need to be a thing they way they are? I guess it boils down to what frenzy or grapple cards are played by on an opposing minion outside of combat. Are there any?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2018 02:14 #89207 by self biased
Also, there's no reflex card background; a clear and glaring oversight of previous administrations.

More
23 Jul 2018 03:09 - 23 Jul 2018 03:12 #89208 by ReverendRevolver
They do other things. That's the point, the essentially occupy outferior space. Except far contortion, which "contorts"(really bad joke) to fut reflex, outferior, :myt: :MYT: AND flavor text.
Next time someone manuevers with FC using a Kiasyd, look them dead in thier eyes and ask if they're using :obt: or :myt: in a way that makes it seem as though the answer matters ALOT. Just see how confused they get. Its better than assuring your prey that your "only playing army of rats at basic".

Anyway, it's an additional effect. Like on Mundane, but less clunky.
Last edit: 23 Jul 2018 03:12 by ReverendRevolver.

More
23 Jul 2018 14:20 #89233 by self biased

They do other things. That's the point, the essentially occupy outferior space. Except far contortion, which "contorts"(really bad joke) to fut reflex, outferior, :myt: :MYT: AND flavor text.

why can't the 'cancel a grapple card' clause just be a combat cardtype instead of reflex? From what i can tell no grapple cards are played outside of combat.

The only card that i can find that is a frenzy card thats played on another vampire and isn't played during combat is 'Enrage.'

More
23 Jul 2018 17:04 #89241 by ReverendRevolver

why can't the 'cancel a grapple card' clause just be a combat cardtype instead of reflex? From what i can tell no grapple cards are played outside of combat.

The only card that i can find that is a frenzy card thats played on another vampire and isn't played during combat is 'Enrage.'

Cant speak for fae contortion, but :abo: cancels ANY frenzy card. Rotschreck, Brujah Frenzy, Frenzy, that Osebo master oot, enrage, etc all count. So, in the event of another card being printed with the keyword that doesn't explicitly target things in combat, the :abo: thing will cancel it. Also, you cant Death Seeker my Taking the Skin: Minion I play reflexively to cancel your Rotschreck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
23 Jul 2018 18:22 #89245 by Lech

Cant speak for fae contortion, but :abo: cancels ANY frenzy card. Rotschreck, Brujah Frenzy, Frenzy, that Osebo master oot, enrage, etc all count. So, in the event of another card being printed with the keyword that doesn't explicitly target things in combat, the :abo: thing will cancel it. Also, you cant Death Seeker my Taking the Skin: Minion I play reflexively to cancel your Rotschreck.

/thread

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds