file Matthew Dawkins & Jason Carl as vampire cards

05 Aug 2018 02:30 #89653 by LivesByProxy
Been thinking about this for a while.

I would like to do art for VTES but my portfolio is not ready yet. Even so, I thought it would be cool if we immortalized some of the key WhiteWolf personalities as VTES cards. Matthew Dawkins (the Gentleman Gamer) and Jason Carl are primary candidates IMO.

So I drew Matthew Dawkins, using his recent WhiteWolf videos as reference:

Background could use work, but what Disciplines do you think he'd have? What special ability? His favorite clan was Gangrel if I remember correctly. I was thinking something like:

Camarilla Prince of London (Group 5)
:gang: :cap8: :ani: :pre: :pro: :DOM: :FOR: Matthew can call a referendum to have two or more Methuselah's search their library for a card and put it into their hand as a +1 stealth action (shuffle and discard down afterward.) +1 vote.

He's probably overpowered for his cost, but I'd prefer him to be useful. Discipline spread is equal parts Gangrel and Ventrue, which I think is appropriate. Gives him flexibility and his special is great for fetching any card you need, which is appropriate as he is a scholar of the Jyhad (he is holding Beckett's Jyhad Diary which he had a hand in creating.) He also has a Justicar's voting power but isn't considered a Justicar.

So what would Jason Carl do? He said his favorite clan was Ventrue.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2018 10:42 #89658 by Lech
It's not equal gangrel and ventrue, as he have SUP inf inf of grangrel and SUP SUP inf of ventrue. Drop the extra vote.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
05 Aug 2018 17:15 #89670 by LivesByProxy
Lech, would you recommend :PRO: or :ANI:? So that way he would be SUP SUP SUP inf inf.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
05 Aug 2018 17:29 #89671 by Ezra
Matthew Dawkings is "playing" Lord Camden in the "The Gentleman's Guide to Vampires: V5" videos, and he was also playing Camden at the convention of thorns LARP.

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Camden

So, why not make a Camden card instead ?

Maxime Socroun, 3200321

More
05 Aug 2018 17:51 #89673 by LivesByProxy
Oh, neat, I didn't know.

So his Discipline spread would be something like: :NEC: :FOR: :AUS: :PRE: ? I think Lord Camden, as portrayed by Matthew, seems charismatic for presence as an out of clan Discipline.

I still think that special ability is appropriate. Would he be a Harbinger :hosk: then, since Cappadocians are not a clan in VTES?

More
05 Aug 2018 18:11 #89674 by Ezra
Some Cappadocians are already in VTES as Harbingers, so yes.

Maxime Socroun, 3200321

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds