file Tournament Finals Structure Promotes Stalling

15 Aug 2018 21:19 #90029 by Ankha
I'll try to provide some data.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: kschaefer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2018 21:59 - 16 Aug 2018 06:03 #90032 by Mewcat

And even though until today, you didn't understand that this problem existed - which you would have done if you'd even bothered to read the whole thread!

Your entire approach is flawed in every way.

All false. I realized the problem as evidenced by how I immediately recognized it even though you were too rude to have a discussion with me. It is understood that people dont read all parts of a thread but I politely engaged you. You have chosen an appeal to authority. Congratulations.

@Kraus

The issue that I have which I may have stated poorly is that the finals does not provide a reasonable win opportunity to most participants while denying any secondary objectives. In many cases it would be proper to call it very early.

'I'm 4th or 5th seed and my thin chance dissipated so now I xfer out and go home.'

Modedit\\ Consecutive quotes fit the same post.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2018 06:03 by Kraus.

More
16 Aug 2018 06:05 - 16 Aug 2018 06:05 #90037 by Kraus
The next flare of arguments that targets another forum user and/or their rhetoric will result in closing this topic.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 16 Aug 2018 06:05 by Kraus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

More
16 Aug 2018 07:18 #90039 by Lönkka
It doesn't mater which seed you enter the finals (granted the st one has the benefits and higher ones win tie breaking) if you have a good deck, and you should if you are in the finals, you just play it to the maximum and try to oust more players than others and you're home safe!

Sometimes even the 5th seeder has a deck that more or less will trump easily the rest of the table.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 Aug 2018 09:01 - 16 Aug 2018 11:05 #90041 by Orpheus
Mewcat said :
"Do you find the time out tiebreaker champion a worthy conclusion? To me it's much like drawing a name out of a hat."

Well it's not the same at all, in the sense that it rewards the player who made the best results in the Tournament. That in itself doesn't disturb me, it's the consequences it has on finals which does.

I agree with James that dealings in the preliminaries and in the finals are not the same at all. I've known the time when you could deal in finals, it had some good aspects but sometimes had dire consequences, so on the whole I think we're way better off now. And still some way to go...

Modedit\ \No double posting.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2018 11:05 by Kraus. Reason: Quote

More
16 Aug 2018 09:41 #90043 by Bloodartist

The next flare of arguments that targets another forum user and/or their rhetoric will result in closing this topic.

You should instead aim to remove the posts in violation of the code of conduct, than lock a useful and interesting topic imo.

As to the topic, I cannot help but feel that bleed bounce is partly at fault for slower gameplay, because the threat of it prevents players applying consistent pressure to their prey.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds