file V5 Camarilla and Anarch books - what do they mean for V:TES?

07 Nov 2018 14:21 #91714 by TwoRazorReign
Now that it appears V5 is going to introduce things not compatible with VTES, I think it should be ignored, the same way Requiem was ignored. I mean, quietus and Followers of Set no longer exist. How's that going to work?

Barring that, it might be time to consider making Jyhad 2.0 based on V5. Scrap the CCG model VTES was built upon, streamline how the rules are written, distribute cards using an LCG model, and focus as much on 2 player as multiplayer. As for the current VTES, keep it as is and continue to produce specific cards for it. If, say, some of the crypt cards based on V5 can be made compatible with the current game, great.

I have zero idea how feasible any of this is. Would the public buy what is essentially a new game based on the fifth version of an RPG that was originally popular in 1995? Probably not. And I'd guess the VTES fanbase probably would not want it either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2018 14:35 #91715 by Mewcat
I heard that v5 introduces some major shake ups. Dominate was really toned down (I guess they felt like it was limiting role play with discipline use) and pentex went bankrupt. Will be interesting to see these changes translated to the ccg!

More
07 Nov 2018 14:59 #91716 by ReverendRevolver
None of this is super new.....

We will keep getting trickles of Canon each V5 book. Not sure when I'll pick up this one (kids Christmas presents, need new neck pickup on my tele, normal first world problems...) but I am glad they hit the serpentis thing. V5 already established :tha: encompassing :qui: .

Does it need to impact us? It could if we wanted less distinction between clans.

Sabbat (like I have outlined in my metaplot thread) had themselves another civil war. Some still exist around cities as boogey men, bulk went to kill them some Antideluvians in the East.
Its purpose of course was to shake the state of the meta to being the more relatable (and more playable from a character standpoint with Inquisition over-presence) cam vs Anarch thing.

We will of course benefit from groupings 6+ reflecting this, but I see no reason to stop printing sabbat or remove & erratta disciplines.

I've pruned out much of my politically provoked anger from the mechanics review from V5 and it will be added to the metaplot cafe. Ironically, I call protean 5 being a squishy drunk setite who messes up using heart of darkness, so that's fun. Anyone looking for dot by dot synopsys (and other rog mechanics things) can feel free to check it later.

More
07 Nov 2018 21:29 #91722 by Kraus
From what I read from Metaplot Cafe, there were 'draught of' skills for many discplines. Those teach that discipline through drinking blood.

It would be easy to make Field Training -esque cards for them.

Draught of Potency (or whatever the skill is called in the book)
+1 stealth action
Requires a vampire with superior :POT:. Choose another vampire without :POT:, attach to that vampire and unlock this vampire. The chosen vampire gains a level of Potence.

Etc. Lovely.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
07 Nov 2018 22:52 #91724 by Orpheus
I would love to see some canon characters introduced in new groupings with changes. Lucinde also could, as she's now Ventrue Justicar for unlife (her special could be that other Ventrue Justicar lose their title to her).
The question of contest would arise, of course (for me they would need to); and it would have to be exceptional, to avoid redundancy and, ultimately, lameness.

More
08 Nov 2018 04:57 #91725 by ReverendRevolver

I would love to see some canon characters introduced in new groupings with changes. Lucinde also could, as she's now Ventrue Justicar for unlife (her special could be that other Ventrue Justicar lose their title to her).
The question of contest would arise, of course (for me they would need to); and it would have to be exceptional, to avoid redundancy and, ultimately, lameness.

Not sure about other groupings for one vamp, but variant ADV stuff SHOULD exist. Theo Bell ADV(2) , Lucius Sejanus (Marcus vitel) , off the top of my head.

As for Justicar for life, Karl Schrekt. Hes one of the oldest surviving Tremere, a legendary badass, and frankly the best choice for a group 7 Tremere justicar anyway.

Maybe its worth treating Anarchs with more voting weight now though; not "extra titles " but "Anarch. 1 vote" or "Anarch. Baron of Copenhagen. {CardName} gets one additional vote."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds