file Seeking cards for more Demo Decks

12 Feb 2019 19:10 #93440 by brettscho
Hello VTES community. For those who don't know me, I'm the author of the somewhat defunct VTES blog gamingwithbs.wordpress.com – and one of my main goals has been to bring new players into the game. I have done this by writing guides for new players, running VTES demos, and getting cards into the hands of new players for the cost of shipping and a tiny fee. At present, I've mailed 56 demo decks to six different countries and sent ~15k loose cards as curated clan packs to help players start building their own decks. Given that I had to buy several large collections to be able to do this, I've either broken even or made a very modest profit from this endeavor.

So why am I posting here and now? Well, my ability to continue to offer these cards is increasingly limited due to the fact that I am lacking key cards like Blood Doll, Wake with Evening’s Freshness, Computer Hacking, etc. I am hoping to purchase these from those with large collections and cards to spare. Below is a link to a google sheet in which I've cataloged all of the cards that I would need to make 2 more copies of each demo deck (total of 18 decks). But I'll certainly take larger numbers of cards as they would allow me to make additional decks. So if you have some of these cards to offer, please contact me with a list and a price. Thank you in advance!

Cards needed.

Note that I've also posted this on facebook. Hopefully nobody got spammed with the message too much.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2019 00:22 #93465 by LivesByProxy
Please revive your blog. It is/was one of the best. :'(

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
14 Feb 2019 17:44 #93468 by brettscho
Awww, thanks! Your words fill my heart with warmth. Maybe I'll get some more posts up, but sadly since moving away from the fairly active playgroups in California, I haven't gotten a chance to play VTES. Really I just need to suck it up and try playing online. I'm just old fashioned when it comes to these sorts of tabletop games. Anyway, thanks very much!

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
25 Feb 2019 21:46 - 25 Feb 2019 21:47 #93670 by brettscho
One more quick check-in. I've gotten some cards from generous members of the community, which has allowed me to construct 5 new demo decks. And I have nearly all the cards I need for 13 more. But I'm still missing some, including super cheap cards like Blood Doll and Wake with Evening's Freshness, along with some slightly more expensive cards like Immortal Grapple and Second Tradition. Any of these cards would be greatly appreciated - they will go directly into the hands of new players. I will happily purchase these cards and cover the full cost of shipping, particularly if you can provide the majority of what I'm missing. So please, search your collections as I have, and see if you have some cards to spare. Thank you all.

Cards needed.

Last edit: 25 Feb 2019 21:47 by brettscho.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds