file secretlibrary

14 Oct 2019 20:05 - 18 Oct 2019 17:16 #97393 by Trochomancy
Replied by Trochomancy on topic secretlibrary
It would be nice to get some official BCP statement when the Secret Library will be fixed, and if not, are there plans to provide some alternative solution/recommended tool for deck building?

Amaranth is not a good option. It is terribly slow to use, requires an app, has somewhat wrong card texts and filtering tools are rather basic. And let's not even go to other options that are closed to only some of the available operating systems. Yes, SL had a pretty dated look but it was blazing fast to use and it worked on any browser and without need to install anything.

With SL being down, I have found deck building to be harder than before and some people are missing access to their whole card collection database or deck lists. That is not cool.

BCP (or anyone who knows), publishing some information about what will happen with SL would be interesting to hear.

Edit: updated the text. BCP is not involved in maintaining the Secret Library.
Last edit: 18 Oct 2019 17:16 by Trochomancy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel, Ezra, Palamedes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2019 22:15 #97394 by Cat_in_Exile
Replied by Cat_in_Exile on topic secretlibrary
I love Amaranth as a deck builder, but SL has a place as a deck archive where I can go to look for inspiration outside of the usual fare you get in the TWDA.

Hope it comes back soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trochomancy, Palamedes

More
16 Oct 2019 23:23 #97430 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic secretlibrary

It would be nice to get some official BCP statement when the Secret Library will be fixed...

As much as I'd like to see the return (and update) of Secret Library, I don't think BCP ever had anything to do with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Trochomancy

More
17 Oct 2019 07:45 #97431 by Varkku
Replied by Varkku on topic secretlibrary
I really hope that Secret Library gets back online. It was my main tool for creating new decks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Trochomancy, Palamedes

More
17 Oct 2019 22:46 #97441 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic secretlibrary
BCP has nothing to do with Secret Library.

Problem is, AFAIK, that the whole Secret Library is a project of one man and he doesn't have any extra time in his hands to devote to Secret Library. Nor to transfer it to anyone else, which apparently would be a very time consuming project. And the problem, you might recall, was the lack of time.

This all makes me a sad sad panda too as I totally agree Trochomancy's assessment on the usefulness and usability of Secret Library! :(

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trochomancy

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
18 Oct 2019 17:05 - 18 Oct 2019 17:27 #97447 by Trochomancy
Replied by Trochomancy on topic secretlibrary
You are correct, BCP is not directly involved and thus there is not much that can be done if the creator of SL does not have time to fix it :( It would be just nice to get an update from anyone who has contacted SL (could be BCP or someone else from community), if there are plans to put the site back online or do we just accept that card inventories and decks are lost forever and better move to worse alternatives for deck building.

btw. Secret Library is still mentioned as the first recommended option for deck building/inventory.
www.vekn.net/what-is-v-tes/349-6-how-do-i-build-my-first-deck
Last edit: 18 Oct 2019 17:27 by Trochomancy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Palamedes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds