file Quality of First Blood

24 Sep 2019 10:09 - 24 Sep 2019 10:09 #97108 by Tadori
We recived our First Blood sets and we encountered a bad quality of print in Ventrue. Vtes store will comunicate this to BC, but Im curious if it's a regional problem.
Last edit: 24 Sep 2019 10:09 by Tadori.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michał

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2019 11:51 #97109 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Quality of First Blood

We recived our First Blood sets and we encountered a bad quality of print in Ventrue. Vtes store will comunicate this to BC, but Im curious if it's a regional problem.

There are others reporting some Ventrue issues too. Black Chantry is working together with the printing company to understand what has happened.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Tadori

More
24 Sep 2019 14:58 #97112 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Quality of First Blood
Looking at the deck lists i was thinking it's Nosferatu who got problems :cheer:

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gab

More
30 Sep 2019 18:12 #97175 by Trochomancy
Replied by Trochomancy on topic Quality of First Blood
I checked the print quality of one Venture First Blood bundle and there are following problems:

- title text is badly off in some cards
- card art is dark and kind of blurry in some cards

This is another annoying printing error that should have been noticed before sending the products to stores.

More
01 Oct 2019 13:08 #97179 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Quality of First Blood
Rather difficult to do anything about it when the print proofs have been just fine and then something odd happens at the printer... :/

www.blackchantry.com/2019/10/01/production-update-october-1st-2019/

I'm under the impression replacement products are being printed.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: redwulfe

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Oct 2019 14:35 - 01 Oct 2019 14:49 #97181 by TwoRazorReign

Rather difficult to do anything about it when the print proofs have been just fine and then something odd happens at the printer... :/

www.blackchantry.com/2019/10/01/production-update-october-1st-2019/

I think Black Chantry needs to work on their public relations. Let's dissect the release about this issue.

Dear Community,

Black Chantry needs to realize that the minute people started paying for cards, they stopped being a part of the community and started being a business that provides a service to the community. How you address the affected party should reflect this. "Dear valued vendors and customers" would have been better.

Our printing partner Cartamundi have indicated that it was a printing issue with the First Blood: Ventrue decks (both English and Spanish versions).

It's unclear what "it" is here in this sentence, specifically for those reading who may not be aware there was an issue. Probably should have changed "it" to "there" to avoid confusion.

21 of the 56 cards are misprinted. Text is somewhat misaligned and the colour can be slightly off.

What does "can be slightly off" mean? Do you mean that sometimes on these 21 cards, the color is fine, but it is slightly off other times? Probably should change "can be" to "is" if this is not the case.

Moreover, including modifiers like "somewhat" and "slightly" could be interpreted as a mealy-mouthed way to forgo admitting there is a problem. It's the same rhetorical device a 10-year-old would pull when telling me they "only" got 3 out of 10 wrong on their math test (that's a C there, kiddo, you're not fooling anybody). "The color is off on 21 of 52 cards and Black Chantry takes full responsibility for the issue" would have been perfect. It's a good idea to always avoid any language that tries to downplay the issue.

Although the cards are readable and functional, replacement products will be printed. These ship late October to distributors and retailers who ordered the original print run

This statement comes across as arrogant. "You can read the cards, so people can just use these for now until we fix the problem." I mean, if I was one of the affected parties reading this, my first thought would be "Excuse me, but I am not your bank. You have my money and I want my product now, not in a month."

And once again "Although the cards are readable and functional" is language that seems to indicate the issue is not really an issue. There is absolutely no reason to have this introductory clause and it should be deleted.

Note: These problems only appear in the Ventrue decks, not the other First Blood decks.

Thank you,
Black Chantry Productions

To sum up:

"There was a problem at the printer. The cards are readable and functional. We'll have a solution in a month." I mean...does Black Chantry think this is an acceptable response?

It's almost like the people in charge forget that they are no longer volunteers and there are financial transactions happening. (as an aside: Why not offer to give people refunds? Is there a reason other than you don't want to lose money, which is what most people are likely to assume? This is a glaring omission from the release).

The biggest offender is this post I am replying to, which I will paraphrase here: "The print proofs were fine, so it's the printer's fault, not Black Chantry's fault." This attitude is pervasive among the release about the printing issue. There's a lot of pointing fingers at the printer and not directly taking responsibility.

If there are others among those on this forum who feel similarly, please understand, it is ultimately Black Chantry's fault. They chose the printer, who dropped the ball. People paid Black Chantry for the cards, not the printer or anybody else. Black Chantry taking a little responsibility here is crucial to maintain a high level of good will among the community. No more excuses, please.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2019 14:49 by TwoRazorReign.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trochomancy

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds