file Quality of First Blood

02 Oct 2019 08:43 #97202 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Quality of First Blood

Did you actually buy one of the affected products, though? I did not, but, putting myself in the shoes of someone who did, I'd be annoyed by that response Black Chantry put out for the reasons I stated previously.

So you are peeved by the fact that there was a problem at the printer for a product that you didn't even buy? I'm guessing that you never even intended to buy.

Nice going!
Take a val and relax, it is not the end of the world.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GuyRusso6, redwulfe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
02 Oct 2019 14:19 #97207 by GuyRusso6
Replied by GuyRusso6 on topic Quality of First Blood
I think that it is very nice of Black Chantry to offer a replacement on this product. The affected cards are all still playable and only 3-4 of them are very noticeable. Also, in terms of quality, the design is fantastic. Actually playing these decks with new players has been going very well. The decks are very streamlined, easy to pick up and fun to play.

Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is ~Milton~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade, redwulfe

More
02 Oct 2019 15:39 - 02 Oct 2019 15:50 #97208 by redwulfe
Replied by redwulfe on topic Quality of First Blood
So first off I am a customer of BCP I also am a store owner who now carries VTES products in my store. Perks of being the owner I get to carry what I like on occation.

That being said I am kinda upset with some of the comments I have seen here. BCP is not to blame for this and the responce to finding out that this issue has effected their community memebers, is appropriate.And yes they are a part of our community as all WW employees have been since the very first day a white wolf product has been put on a book shelf.

When a company sends the files to print they get proofs back and those proofs are the last thing the company sees befroe receiving the samples of the product. Those samples are typically quality checked by the printer before being sent to the company and the company quality checks the proofs and samples. Once the OK is given then they go into production which does not have very strengent quality checks. Thats just the way it is. You can't blame BCP for that.

The cards are sealed at the factory and I am sure that the spot quality checks that are typically done once every two hours or so at random may have just happen to get the ones that ran smoothly. or the quality checker felt they were in tollerance and didn't want to spend the day gong through products to run the job for two more hours. I've worked in factories where this has happened. It happens and is still not BCPs fault.

They are probably packaged at the printer as well and then shipped to whoever BCP has fullfilling distribution or to a BCP warewhouse, which for a small company like this is probably a back room in their office. From there you can't expect for BCP to open every packaged product and check every card in those packs beforre sending them out and then ship them to another location to be repackaged again. Especially since nothing was wrong with the facing cards on any of hte packs I saw. To have them do so is rediculous. They are a company and we want them to stay in business or the game will slowely die out.

Their responce as members of our community as wellas the company we buy products from was to offer stores like mine and customers an appology and to replace the product. That is more than accetible for the size of company they are, because replacement will eat most of their profits from the entire run. That is pretty nice of them to do and I for one am sorry this happened to them, I don't want them to have problems like this.

I have seen the misprints and all of my customers said don't worry about it they are good enough for us. I agree with them. The titles had only minor shifts on the initial wording on the cards with a blurry photo for the ones we got. The text box is still prestine and that is all that is truly needed to play.

Now I get you want a good product for your money, thats fair. and BCP siad they will give you that, thats fair. Bashing them or telling them that their responce is unacceptable, thats not fair, and it is the only thing that I find unacceptable.

We as a community need to do better if that is the way some of us react to BCP trying to help us out. They had something happen to them and as they are a part of my community I for one will not be asking for replacements unless a customer asks for it. We are in this together and we all want the game to come out of the shadows back on to game store shelfs and become more popular again.
Last edit: 02 Oct 2019 15:50 by redwulfe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Kraus, self biased, Yomyael, kschaefer, Dmrg

More
02 Oct 2019 15:50 #97209 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Quality of First Blood
^^ my only regret is that i cannot hit 'thank you,' on the above post more than once.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, redwulfe

More
02 Oct 2019 16:00 #97210 by TwoRazorReign

So first off I am a customer of BCP I also am a store owner who now carries VTES products in my store. Perks of being the owner I get to carry what I like on occation.

Okay, so you have a bias. You are part of the community and want to carry VTES and are willing to give lots of leeway to the people you know. That's fine. But you and everybody else on these forums needs to understand the response would not fly with those who are not really part of the community and who don't own a store. It is 100% acceptable for people to be unhappy about the printing issue.

More
02 Oct 2019 16:02 #97211 by TwoRazorReign

Did you actually buy one of the affected products, though? I did not, but, putting myself in the shoes of someone who did, I'd be annoyed by that response Black Chantry put out for the reasons I stated previously.

So you are peeved by the fact that there was a problem at the printer for a product that you didn't even buy? I'm guessing that you never even intended to buy.

Nice going!
Take a val and relax, it is not the end of the world.

No, I am peeved by the language in the release about the issue. Really, read my post. It's all about the release. I agree it is not the end of the world or a big deal. I just think the PR could have been better.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds