file Nosferatu First Blood Quick Fix Mod

20 Oct 2019 16:01 #97458 by elotar

...maybe slightly nerfed...

0_0

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 12:28 - 21 Oct 2019 12:31 #97469 by LivesByProxy
@Gryzbas: why would you nerf Preturnatural Strength? It is already action negative (having no direct impact on the state of the table, nor furthering your goal of ousting) and I dont even consider playing it unless I have :POT:.

I mean, if people will not play Of Noble Blood for permanent +1 vote, I can not imagine them opting to include nerfed Preturnatural Strength.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 12:31 by LivesByProxy. Reason: Spelling

More
21 Oct 2019 13:35 #97472 by Grzybas
I think its one of the most cost efficient permanent strength bonuses. Other than preternatural there is heroic might that costs a ton but does everything.
Im not saying the card is broken and thats why deserves a nerf but compared to other permament strength bonuses, it's superor in my opinion. Compared to something like Enforcer that requires Osebo (who already have Potence as a clan discpline) i would take Preternatural everytime. Sure Enforcer is free and you can have both but you know what i mean , there is plenty of other trash str cards that never see any play. So now the problem is when creating new cards, Black Chantry has to make either free cards that are worse than preternatural and might get some use if ppl have no access to preternatural (when there is no reprint) or something that costs 1-3 and you need to balance it between preternatural and heroic.
So that is my thought process, im not saying omg overpowered nerf asap but i think it could use a little balancing if that allows some new cards that won't be either trash tier from the start or just replace all other cards with similar effects.

More
21 Oct 2019 13:47 #97473 by kschaefer

Im not saying the card is broken and thats why deserves a nerf but compared to other permament strength bonuses, it's superor in my opinion.

And yet Potence-based decks rarely win events. Perhaps the opposite is true: everything else in Potence should be on par with Preaternatural Strength. Combat is the least efficient delivery mechanism, so more efficient combats would help create parity with more efficient delivery mechanisms (like OBF stealth).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
21 Oct 2019 14:01 #97474 by Grzybas

Im not saying the card is broken and thats why deserves a nerf but compared to other permament strength bonuses, it's superor in my opinion.

And yet Potence-based decks rarely win events. Perhaps the opposite is true: everything else in Potence should be on par with Preaternatural Strength. Combat is the least efficient delivery mechanism, so more efficient combats would help create parity with more efficient delivery mechanisms (like OBF stealth).

Is it Potence based decks or combat decks in general? This days the most combat i see are CEL guns which makes POT decks even harder to play as you need answer to manuevers, dodges, S:CE , prevents and so on to cover all the options that can shut you down. I guess im aggreing with you , other POT cards should get to the level of Preternatural and combat decks in general could use some love.

More
21 Oct 2019 15:49 #97476 by Kraus

Is it Potence based decks or combat decks in general?

Both, really. Even though we saw a really, really combat heavy day two of European Championships, it doesn't mean combat is in any way simple or easy to win with.

Even more so, however, Potence combat decks need to be played in a very concise and skillful way, and be built on something else as well. Just slapping on Potence combat cards won't do.

This has been discussed in quite some length during... well, forever. No one is saying Potence is really in a very good place. I heard BCP understands this and plans on giving Potence something new. No idea what that is. :) It has uses for example as a pretty solid Animalism-weenie hoser, so it's not useless, but it is in a pretty weird place right now as a discipline.

Preternatural is what is keeping Potence afloat at the moment. As said, you shouldn't compare it to other +strength cards, but other combat modules.

But yeah, not really on topic with the Nosferatu First Blood. Anything on that? Or, if you guys want to keep discussing Potence, I'm happy to split threads.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds