file Two Round + Final Seating Chart

12 Aug 2011 14:51 #7995 by brandonsantacruz
Hm, ok. Sounds like each chart is usable. The DT/KM does have some extras, but I already printed the other one, so I'll use it this time.

Thanks guys!

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2011 07:59 - 18 Aug 2011 08:00 #8483 by Surreal
Sorry for off topic but I have always thought that VTES tournament seating goes like swiss. I mean that people with most VPs will play in the same table. In that chart it seems VPs are distributed equal for each table (so players with GW and no GW will be on same table). What is reason for this? I think swiss would make more balanced tables. With equal VP tables player can get 0VP player each time for his prey and random seating can affect for outcome. Worst case is that you have 2 GW and you get player with 0 VPs in your last table with zero motivation to win b/c he will not go to finals anyway.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2011 08:00 by Surreal.

More
18 Aug 2011 08:33 #8487 by Juggernaut1981
The preliminary rounds are closer to a Round-Robin in the early rounds (maximising the number of different match-ups). So unlike the Swiss Draft, which is about matching together the better ranked players against other better ranked players, it is about having every player play against every other player as far as possible. Then the top-ranked people can get into the final.

I could see a two-day tournament running as a variation Swiss Draft by running it effectively as a "pool" tournament. (e.g. 12 players will have a 3-round playoff before the top 4 are taken out and then formed into tables across the pools via a Swiss System and then continue with either a Swiss Method or a VTES-format tournament)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
18 Aug 2011 09:25 #8489 by Surreal
Yea I can understand Round-Robin in smaller tournaments so you don't have play against same people. But what about tournaments with 50 or more players?

More
18 Aug 2011 10:40 #8498 by brandonsantacruz

Yea I can understand Round-Robin in smaller tournaments so you don't have play against same people. But what about tournaments with 50 or more players?

I would love to have that kind of problem ;)

On another note, I discovered mid-tournament that the seating chart I linked from the Google group repeats some player numbers. I'll to with Kevin and David's next time.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds